Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bromley relished Sandgrounders challenge - Chorley

FF News

Following their draw with Southport, Ben Chorley revealed that his Bromley side we relishing the challenge of facing the in-form Sandgrounders.

“It was a tough game. Having only played them a few weeks ago we knew to expect long balls, a battle and lots of set plays. I thought we weathered what they had quite well. On another day we might have scored, but it was nice to get a clean sheet and keep racking up the points.”

Bromley’s number twenty two also picked up the Shampan Group Man of the Match and Ben added, “Personnel accolades are always nice, but I’d much rather get nothing and get the three points. It’s all about the team, what we can do together and how we are trying to improve. If we all work hard, the right way, then we’ll get what we deserve ninety nine percent of the time.”

Manager Mark Goldberg appears to have adapted the sides shape recently with Chorley playing in more of a defensive midfield position, a role that isn’t new for the defender.

“I played that role for Gillingham and have played there for a few managers when they’ve needed on numerous occasions. Normally when the other midfielders are very attacking. Ultimately I’m a centre half, always have been. But I do enjoy getting on the ball a lot more and getting involved in the tackling side of midfield. If it helps the team then great.”

With Bromley unbeaten in three games, the Lillywhites now have to wait until 19th January before they return to action with a home clash against Grimsby.

“I think most of the players would like to play twice a week, that’s what we love to do. Now we’ve got a short break, it will help the players that have played lots of ninety minutes lately to recover and get the gym work in.

“It should also help with getting the injured players good quality training work to bring them along in terms of fitness. We’ve picked up a lot of injuries so far this season, and for a small squad that can really hurt you in terms of games and recovery. The pitches are pretty unforgiving this time of year, so all of us have got to look after ourselves and prepare right.”

Looking forward, it’s clear that Chorley believes the team is in a healthy position and has a great opportunity this season.

“I think when there is healthy competition for places it’s a good thing. So when everyone is fit, I think we have a real good chance of being top five. We’ve got a great opportunity with the position we’re in and we don’t want that to go to waste. The second season is always harder. The boys are working well. Believe me we are enjoying the challenge and we will keep doing our very best.”

Source: bromleyfc.tv

Source

Archived