Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Storer named as new Robins captain

FF News

Cheltenham Town boss Gary Johnson has made Kyle Storer his new first team Captain, following the injury to Aaron Downes last week.

Storer had been Downes' vice-captain this season but now takes charge of on-field matters.

Dan Parslow has been named Storer's Vice-Captain for the remainder of the season.

On his new captaincy appointments, Johnson told the Robins official website " I think its very important for me to have a Captain and Vice-Captain who I can trust 100% and those two I absolutely trust on and off the field.

They are both strong enough and experienced enough to police the dressing room. They are also clever and strong enough to let others know if they are not being totally professional enough on occasion.

It makes me sleep well at night when I know there are people around who I can trust."

Downes will remain the Club Captain, and Johnson was keen to press his importance to the cause, "Downes will still be Club Captain because he will still be around everyday. With Aaron, we have lost a player but we haven't lost the person. He's probably worth his money just for that, also he'll be doing a bit of scouting and coaching for us. He'll want to keep busy and we'll keep him busy!"

Source: www.ctfc.com

Source

Archived