Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Silkmen keeper Jalal relishing return from injury

FF News

Back at the start of January, Macclesfield Town recorded a 1-0 win away at Tranmere Rovers, thanks to a first goal of the season for striker Jack Sampson.

During the game, goalkeeper Shwan Jalal picked up an injury which forced him to come off after just fifteen minutes in the game.

The Iraq international had been out for around four weeks until his return to the starting eleven against Forest Green Rovers last weekend and the keeper was delighted to be back out there.

He said: “It’s been a frustrating couple of the weeks since the Tranmere game, obviously coming off after 10-15 minutes.

“I had something called a high ankle sprain which wasn’t actually in my ankle it was just above my ankle, the doctor said it takes its time to heel and the physio has helped me a lot with my rehab.

“It was great to finally get back out there and playing again, it was frustrating not being in the squad, having played for the majority of the season.”

However, it was a disappointing game to come back into for Jalal, as an injury time winner, meant that the Silkmen would came away with nothing.

But, Shwan insists him and his team mates will do everything they can to improve on the game and put right the things that went wrong.

He added: “It was a very down dressing room after forest green, we feel both goals were avoidable, we had a good chat Monday morning.

“The manager told us what he thought and we had his feedback and it’s been productive, so we’ve worked hard on the feedback.”

Source: www.mtfc.co.uk

Source

Archived