Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thornton allowed to leave Dabbers

FF News

Nantwich Town have announced that Darren Thornton is leaving the club.

A statement on the Dabbers website said "This has been brought about due to his relocation with his partner to Yorkshire and the impending birth of their first child. The club is obviously very disappointed to see Darren leave, as he has made a major contribution to our success’s so far this season and also a big impression with our supporters, but we fully empathise with his situation, which currently see’s him making a near 200 mile round trip to attend training and play games.

“It’s with a very heavy heart that I am having to leave Nantwich said Darren, as I love being at this club, with it’s incredible supporters who have made me so welcome and been behind us week in and out and i firmly believe that with the leadership of Phil, Neil and Danny and the group of players that are here, the club will have some great times to look forward to and I am only sorry I am unable to remain and be part of it, but after a great deal of deliberation in recent weeks and trying to make it work, the travelling is unfortunately to much and I have to put my family first, but I would like to sincerely thank all the supporters, my team mates and Phil and Jon for inviting me to this wonderful club and I look forward to watching you all finish the season with the success you all deserve”.

Dabbers boss Phil Parkinson said “This has obviously been an extremely tough decision for Darren and under normal circumstances we wouldn’t want him to leave, but given his changing personal situation we respect his decision and wish him the very best for the future. He has made a massive contribution to the club this season, both on and off the field and I know that this will live long in the hearts and minds of our supporters. The pleasing thing about this season is that we do have strength in depth in all positions and whilst we are always actively looking to improve the squad whenever possible, we are very happy with the lads that we have at present and are confident of over achieving on our objectives for the season and giving our supporters some more memorable times to enjoy”.

Thornton is expected to join Bradford Park Avenue

Source: Nantwich Town FC

Source

Archived