Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Black confirms Ossett Town backroom staff

FF News

New Ossett Town manager Grant Black has officially named Steve Ridley as his number two and former Town striker Micky Norbury will be first team coach.

Tally Clayton will continue in her role as Sports Therapist.

Caretaker manager John Francis will return to his role as Development Coach which includes overseeing the Reserves, Academy and working with Ossett Town Juniors.

Ridley will combine the assistant role with that of playing and joins the club from Bottesford Town. In recent seasons Ridley made over 50 appearances for fellow Evo-Stik First Division North side Scarborough Athletic.

He had five seasons at Buxton, where he played with Black, making almost 200 appearances and also counts North Ferriby United, Scunthorpe United and Barrow among his former clubs.

Like Black, Ridley is very keen on a career in management and sees this opportunity as the first step onto that particular ladder.

Norbury is well known at Ossett Town, the club where the former professional started his career. He made over 100 appearances in the football league for Cambridge United, Preston North End and Doncaster Rovers before returning to the non-league game.

The former striker has held managerial positions at a number of clubs, including Goole, Harrogate Railway Athletic and Glasshoughton Welfare, before most recently holding the assistant job at Armthorpe Welfare.

Grant Black is delighted with the coaches he has brought in saying “I had a number of people in mind for these roles, and received a fair few phones calls from people interested in coming in. Each one I look at seriously and believe Ridders and Norbs are the right choices and will complement the way I want to take the club”.

Source: Ossett Town FC

Source

Archived