Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gulls boss Nicholson left smiling by win over Wood

FF News

Torquay United player-manager, Kevin Nicholson, was a happy man after watching his side chalk up a deserved 1-0 win at Boreham Wood thanks to Nathan Bllissett’s winner just before the hour-mark.

“It was a good performance where we got exactly what we deserved,” he said. “I don’t want to highlight individuals because there were good performances throughout the team.

“It was a real team display with everyone playing their part and doing their job, which is just what we need between now and the end of the season.

“We maybe made it a little harder for ourselves by not taking our chances earlier in the game, particularly in the first half, but we saw it out well and looked solid.

“I’m happy that Bliss opened his scoring account for us; it was a great header and that’s what he is all about.

“We created some good opportunities and maybe should have had a couple of penalties, so I don't think anyone could have complained had we won by a bigger margin, but when they hit the woodwork late on, my heart was certainly in my mouth!

“As I say, it was a deserved win; we’ll enjoy the journey home and then our focus will turn to Tuesday and another massive game against Welling United.

“With so many home games to come, we need to turn The Launa Windows Stadium into a fortress.”

United’s travelling contingent of 249 made up almost half of the 555 crowd in attendance at Meadow Park.

“The fans were superb once again,” added Nicholson. “They turned up in good numbers and were right behind us throughout.

“They certainly played their part, as they will do in each of the games ahead.”

Source: www.torquayunited.com

Source

Archived