Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hayes to leave Northern Star at end of season

FF News

Peterborough Northern Star FC have announced that Seb Hayes will leave his position as first team manager at the end of the season.

Seb informed the chairman of his decision a week ago that he will not be continuing next season and will depart the Branch Bros Stadium at the end of the season.

In agreement between manager and club we have agreed to release this statement after the game this afternoon and not prior so that preparation and focus were not impacted, irrelevant of the result.

Speaking about his decision, Seb said "This season has been very tough but also very enjoyable, managing a young team in a very competitive league has been a massive test for me and the players. I have learnt a lot about what I'm good at and what I need to improve on as a manager at this level.

Managing Star has been an absolute pleasure and to be part of a team that won a trophy last season was a great feeling. I'm leaving my role as manager at the end of the season with a heavy heart as it is not for footballing reasons.

Since Christmas a lot has changed in my personal life, family comes first and managing Star is getting in the way of that. I have made my decision and let the club know now to give them plenty of time to find the right man to take the club forward.

I will be giving everything in the last months of season to turn our season around after our recent slump in form and finish the campaign on a positive note. I will then look to take a break from senior football for at least 6 months.

I have shared the touchline this season with some great blokes and managers who I have the upmost respect for. I have also competed against some wonderful playing talent but my biggest pleasure has been working with this young group of players. I would not change that experience for anything.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the players and staff involved with the club"

Peterborough Northern Star FC chairman Tony Zirpolo said: “I am truly saddened by Seb's decision, but I respect him for his honesty and letting me know directly. He is a man of integrity and a true football person. He was hugely respectful of the club in letting us know well in advance of the season ending.

I want to place on record my sincere thanks to Seb. He will be remembered with great affection by everyone at Star and there will always be a warm welcome for him here.

From coming on board last season in a joint manager role and being in sole charge from September last year he has created a young, vibrant side who have easily held their own in the UCL Premier Division when others have expected us to struggle.

While this isn’t a situation any of us envisaged being in, what is important now is that we give Seb our support and focus on the rest of the season."

The board of Peterborough Northern Star Football Club are committed to taking this club forward and will begin the recruitment process in search of a new manager.

Out of respect for Seb and the players, the club will conduct this process privately and will look to make an announcement at the end of the season.

Source: http://www.pnsfc.co.uk/

Source

Archived