Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lawrie commits to Alty

FF News

Altrincham have announced that manager Neil Young has further bolstered his new-look squad for next season after announcing that James Lawrie has agreed a deal to remain at The J.Davidson Stadium.

Former Northern Ireland international Lawrie’s versatility has been a constant theme of altyhis time at Alty, with previous managers using him on either flank, in central midfield or in a more advanced number 10 role, just behind the main striker.

But in a policy decision that should prove popular with Lawrie and the vast majority of Alty supporters, Young has revealed his intention to use him in the position most feel is his most effective.

“James is a player who, whenever I have been up against Altrincham, has always caused me problems, particularly when he plays in that number 10 role,” he said. “That’s the position I will be looking to play him in.

“He has shown great commitment to myself and the club, as with the other players I have offered deals to, to take quite a reduction in terms, and I look forward to working with him.”

Lawrie’s positive response follows that of Damian Reeves, in contrast to Scott Leather, who rejected new terms to join Chorley, and Michael Rankine, who is also expected to sign for another Conference club after saying ‘no’ to a deal at Alty.

Source: www.footballconference.co.uk

Source

Archived