Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chester can't compete financially with divisional rivals says Bignot

FF News

Marcus Bignot admits that Chester are unable to compete with the financial clout of their Vanarama National League rivals.

Ahead of Saturday's clash at Bromley, the Blues boss spoke candidly about the meagre monetary resources available at the fan-owned club.

Bignot admits to having to 'beg, steal and borrow' in the loan market to contend with the injuries that have blighted his threadbare squad this term.

But the 43-year-old boss is adamant that the struggling Blues can turn their season around and pull themselves clear of danger with some 'cute' transfer dealings.

Asked what it would take to transform their ailing fortunes, Bignot said: "It's about how hard we're willing to work in all areas of the football club – on and off the pitch.

"And by hard work, I mean by us being smarter. Financially we can't compete with anybody in this league and I mean every team in this league.

"But what I think we're seeing at the club is a group of players who are getting to some good performance levels now

"We've seen a recruitment style that has been beg, steal and borrow, but it's added to the competition here as well as the depth and balance.

"There will be more setbacks along the way, but it's how you bounce back from those setbacks and that's the challenge we look forward to here."

Read more: http://www.chesterstandard.co.uk

Source

Archived