Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Quakers' best-laid plans quashed by Salford postponement - Wright

FF News

Darlington manager Tommy Wright admitted that he was very frustrated with Sunday's postponement of the game against Salford.

Quakers' attempts to play their first league game since November were denied by a covering of frost on the Blackwell Meadows pitch, meaning that the Salford game will have to be played at a later date.

"The lads have been chomping at the bit to play a game since we played Harrogate in the Trophy," he said.

"We played some good football that night, and the arrival of Reece Styche with his two goals has led to an air of positivity about the place.

"We'd also worked hard on a few things in training, and everyone was seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. As a group, the lads wanted to get on the pitch and express themselves, so to not get that opportunity was pretty frustrating for them.

"I know I was very frustrated when I heard that the game was off, but there's nothing you can do about the weather."

Read more: http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk

Source

Archived