Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

That was close

urchinman1961

After an evenly contested first half Margate started to take control in the second half only a finger tip save from Joe kept us in the game we seemed to be lacking in the final third and a second well executed free kick from Daniel gave the visitors a deserved lead.Urchins looked dissorintated for about the next 15 minutes but a long throw in some how found man of the match Spence who headed in for the equaliser and then we were unlucky not to nick a winner at the death excellent advert for this level of football and good to see the Urchins not.cave in when behind .Special mention for the Margate fans who came over in their numbers on a Tuesday night.Both teams could be in the mix come the end of the season. 

Unfortunately, tonight's game was somewhat spoilt by the Margate number's 9 and 11, for their over dramatic falling over and coning the ref.

Their goals came from two set-pieces / two free-kicks, nothing else on target.

A physical side I give them that and a potential top 5 side if they keep their heads together.

As for Hornchurch, I can't really fault them for continuously trying to get the result.

Hornchurch so nearly come away with all three points but also could've easily come away with nothing. Just one of them games.

I feel this may be a long season, and we must all get behind the team, win, lose or draw!!

Archived