Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

West Hertfordshire St Mary's Cup - 2019/20

First Round (to be played by 31 December)

Berkhamsted v Chipperfield Corinthians
Tring Athletic v Glenn Sports
Oxhey Jets v Bovingdon
Leverstock Green v Berkhamsted Raiders (Tue 26 Oct)

Semi Finals (to be played by 10 April)

Oxhey Jets or Bovingdon v Berkhamsted or Chipperfield Corinthians

Leverstock Green or Berkhamsted Raiders v Tring Athletic or Glenn Sports

Final (Fri 8 May, TBC)

http://levgreenfc.co.uk/2019/10/16/st-marys-cup-tie-arranged/

Karen - This competition adds to your woes and workload doesn't it, doesn't 'the job' ever become exhausting, frustrating and demoralising for you and you feel that you are constantly banging your head against a brick wall, don't you have anything better and more rewarding to do with your time.

This competition like many outside competitions cause me no problems at all, clubs are fully aware that SSML fixtures take priority.

I have a good relationship with all clubs and they work well with me in arranging their outside cup competitions in that they ask me if the date they want is acceptable with me before they finalise it.

I enjoy my job and don't find any of the things you suggest applying, I guess that's why I am paid the big bucks (£1.99 or a McDonalds Happy Meal) for my services.

• 1 month later...

An update, I see that Berkhamsted Raiders travel to Pancake Lane on Tuesday evening:

Berkhamsted v Chipperfield Corinthians
Tring Athletic v Glenn Sports (Tue 17 Dec)
Oxhey Jets v Bovingdon
Leverstock Green v Berkhamsted Raiders (Tue 26 Nov)

Semi Finals (to be played by 10 April)

Oxhey Jets or Bovingdon v Berkhamsted or Chipperfield Corinthians

Final (Fri 8 May, TBC)

Berkhamsted 9 Chipperfield Corinthians 3
Oxhey Jets v Bovingdon
Leverstock Green v Berkhamsted Raiders (Tue 26 Nov)

Oxhey Jets or Bovingdon v Berkhamsted

Final (Fri 8 May, TBC)

• 2 weeks later...

An update on the competition, we don't seem to be getting very far with it do we:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/berkhamstedfootballclub/teams/109087/match-centre/0-4659191/report
Oxhey Jets v Bovingdon (tba)
Leverstock Green v Berkhamsted Raiders (tba)

Final (Fri 8 May, TBC)

• 2 weeks later...

Tring Athletic entertain Glenn Sports tomorrow evening in the Quarter Final of the West Herts St Mary's Cup, kick off 7.30pm by the looks of it, the Full Time website has 7.45pm:

West Herts St Mary's Cup Quarter Final

EL6Hf-FWkAE_Rm7.jpg

Incidentally, I gather that the game at Cow Lane tomorrow will be broadcast live on Three Counties Radio from 7.30pm:

EL49O8bXkAE5k3W.jpg

On 16/12/2019 at 15:47, Rhodes said:

West Herts St Mary's Cup Quarter Final

Unfortunately the game has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch

• 3 weeks later...

Tring Athletic and Glenn Sports try again this evening:

ENrBnRJW4AATyet.jpg

Tring Athletic made heavy weather of their West Herts St Mary's Cup Quarter Final last night at Cow Lane, 1-0 down at the interval they equalised on 55 minutes through Aaron Jewell and the same player netted again shortly afterwards. Rather than putting Glenn Sports to bed the visitors equalised on 70 minutes through former Tring Athletic player Jack Read who hopefully didn't do an Emmanuel Adebayor celebration at the home end. Tring Athletic however restored their lead on 72 minutes through Marcus Mealing who then proceeded to convert a spot kick on 83 minutes after he was brought down, an excellent game and enjoyable evening:

West Herts St Mary's Cup Quarter Final
Tring Athletic 4 Glenn Sports 2

ENtWzXgWkAgx_-V.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Oxhey Jets meet  Bovingdon tomorrow evening at the Boundary Stadium in a Quarter Final tie which should be interesting, hopefully Bovingdon can make a fist of it:

First Round

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/berkhamstedfootballclub/teams/109087/match-centre/0-4659191/report
Tring Athletic 4 Glenn Sports 2
Oxhey Jets v Bovingdon (Tue 28 Jan, kick off 7.30)
Leverstock Green v Berkhamsted Raiders (Tue 25 Feb)

Leverstock Green or Berkhamsted Raiders v Tring Athletic

Final (Fri 8 May, TBC)

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Oxhey Jets meet  Bovingdon tomorrow evening at the Boundary Stadium in a Quarter Final tie which should be interesting, hopefully Bovingdon can make a fist of it:

Unfortunately this evening's tie at the Boundary Stadium has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch:

With regret tonight's st Mary’s cup tie Oxhey Jets v Bovingdon is OFF the pitch is waterlogged.

• 4 weeks later...

Leverstock Green entertain Berkhamsted Raiders tomorrow evening in their delayed West Herts St Mary's Cup First Round tie, it will be interesting to see whether Berkhamsted Raiders continue in the same vein as Saturday when they thrashed Unite MK 10-1 however it will be a totally different ball game at Pancake Lane:

First Round

Tring Athletic 4 Glenn Sports 2

https://issuu.com/tringafc/docs/tring_athletic_fc_v_glenn_sports_tuesday_17th_dece
Oxhey Jets v Bovingdon (Tue 10 Mar, kick off 7.30)

Leverstock Green or Berkhamsted Raiders v Tring Athletic

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Leverstock Green entertain Berkhamsted Raiders tomorrow evening in their delayed West Herts St Mary's Cup First Round tie, it will be interesting to see whether Berkhamsted Raiders continue in the same vein as Saturday when they thrashed Unite MK 10-1 however it will be a totally different ball game at Pancake Lane:

First Round

Leverstock Green v Berkhamsted Raiders has been called off this evening, I believe they are going to try again next Tuesday, 3 March.

I was hopeful that Berkhamsted Raiders might have pulled off an old fashioned Cup shock last week had the Quarter Final tie survived the weather, with Leverstock Green still smarting from a 1-0 home defeat to Newport Pagnell Town and a 6-0 drubbing at Tring Athletic however a week is a lifetime in football isn't it:

Tuesday 3 March

West Herts St Mary's Cup Quarter Final
Leverstock Green v Berkhamsted Raiders

I gather there is a noon pitch inspection at Pancake Lane:

First Team

Leverstock-Green.png Berkhamsted-Raiders.png Tue 3rd Mar
7:45 pm
St Mary's Cup
Pancake Lane

(H) Berkhamsted Raiders

Some good news following the pitch inspection at Pancake Lane an hour or so ago:

GAME ON! The pitch has been inspected and it is playable. If there is any further heavy rain then that may change, but there is none forecast. So tonight's St Mary's Cup tie is ON.

It was a fairly comfortable night for Leverstock Green against Berkhamsted Raiders who lead 2-0 at the interval with headed goals on 17 minutes from James Hall and 20 minutes from Ethan Flanaghan, both from corners, however Berkhamsted Raiders have managed to pull a goal back early in the second period so it will be an interesting last half an hour or so.