Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town and Wembley leaving the SSMFL

I've heard that we (Edgware Town) will be leaving the SSMFL at the end of the season along with Wembley to join a new league. Most likely it'll be the new division at step 5 being run by the Combined Counties based round the Thames Valley and West London. 

They'll be some clubs in the Combined Counties at present who will form the make up of the new division along with some clubs to the West of London in the Hellenic as well as Edgware and Wembley from the SSMFL. 

It'll be interesting to see how the new league pans out but I think it's possibly a better fit for Edgware than the SSMFL

GRS67 - Yes, I was reading about the planned restructuring however I'm not in favour of changes for changes sake every season, I think that  Edgware Town and Wembley are pretty well placed in the SSML and the League would be the poorer without the two Club's if they were to leave:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/26633/fa-second-phase-non-league-restructuring/

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Yes, I was reading about the planned restructuring however I'm not in favour of changes for changes sake every season, I think that  Edgware Town and Wembley are pretty well placed in the SSML and the League would be the poorer without the two Club's if they were to leave:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/26633/fa-second-phase-non-league-restructuring/

With the Division yet to be finalised I guess we won't know how this will pan out but I think it's all swings and roundabouts,rather than head North we'll be heading West. Journey times may be longer which will cause issues especially in midweek but we won't know till it happens.

I heard that the Essex Senior League wanted Edgware to move in the summer along with Cockfosters and Hadley, perhaps that's still a possibility but I think the FA will want Edgware to go West just as Hendon moved to the Western based division of the Southern League.

With regards to it being a loss to the SSMFL,, they want to get rid of their southernmost clubs so they're obviously not bothered at Edgware and Wembley moving on.

13 hours ago, GRS67 said:

I heard that the Essex Senior League wanted Edgware to move in the summer along with Cockfosters and Hadley, perhaps that's still a possibility but I think the FA will want Edgware to go West just as Hendon moved to the Western based division of the Southern League

Yes, I don't think the Essex Senior League would suit Edgware Town somehow, the Club would be like a duck out of water wouldn't it, lets see what happens anyway

I don't think a move to the Essex Senior League would leave Edgware feeling like a "Duck out of Water" as you said unless you mean location wise? 

Football standard wise both Hadley and Cockfosters are doing well this season having moved sideways Hadley did well last eason but Cockfosters struggled in the SSMFL. 

I would imagine the standard in the Essex Senior League is possibly not as good as in the SSMFL Premier especially at top end. 

I'm hoping that the new Division in the CCL will be a easier way to progress for Edgware

Edited by GRS67

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 13:24, GRS67 said:

I've heard that we (Edgware Town) will be leaving the SSMFL at the end of the season along with Wembley to join a new league. Most likely it'll be the new division at step 5 being run by the Combined Counties based round the Thames Valley and West London. 

They'll be some clubs in the Combined Counties at present who will form the make up of the new division along with some clubs to the West of London in the Hellenic as well as Edgware and Wembley from the SSMFL. 

It'll be interesting to see how the new league pans out but I think it's possibly a better fit for Edgware than the SSMFL

Interesting.

They will have to run that idea by Wembley legend Ian Basher Bates first though ?

• 5 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 14:23, GRS67 said:

Cockfosters struggled in the SSMFL

Cockfosters didn't seem to struggle in 2016/17 when they finished third in the Premier Division just nine points behind Champions London Colney who they took six points from as well as from Hertford Town in second place. They did have the prolific Ioannis Varouxakis scoring most of their goals though who a certain match Official who posts on here will know well. Anyway it looks as if Edgware Town and Wembley will have to wait another season before departing the SSML which you seemed so sure they would be doing following the planned restructuring.

On 13/05/2020 at 23:51, Rhodes said:

Cockfosters didn't seem to struggle in 2016/17 when they finished third in the Premier Division just nine points behind Champions London Colney who they took six points from as well as from Hertford Town in second place. They did have the prolific Ioannis Varouxakis scoring most of their goals though who a certain match Official who posts on here will know well. Anyway it looks as if Edgware Town and Wembley will have to wait another season before departing the SSML which you seemed so sure they would be doing following the planned restructuring.

Well it would have happened had it not been for the obvious, so yes another season will have to be spent in the SSMFL 

GRS67 - Are you still involved with Edgware Town as you don't give an update on the free season ticket scheme at Silver Jubilee Park for the NW9 catchment area and whether it is still going to be rolled out to include the whole of the 2020/21 season. Also I recall asking on another thread how you felt your 2019/20 season had gone despite the unfortunate early finish, tenth place was really disappointing wasn't it and the Club never recovered from that terrible run it had earlier in the campaign when you lost nine league games out of ten and also tamely exited the FA Cup, FA Vase, Premier Division Cup and Middlesex Senior Challenge Cup at the First Round stage and the Challenge Trophy in the Second Round albeit on penalties to Crawley Green. Wembley also had an awful season by their standards didn't they finishing a lowly 19th and exiting all the cup competitions early on other than the Challenge Trophy but then lost 3-0 at home to Old Bradwell United in the Third Round, I wonder what has gone so horribly wrong of late at Vale Farm.

Both clubs have very good grounds so on that I'm glad that they are going no where for now ?

Yes, I think everyone enjoys visiting Vale Farm for a match, here are some photos:

Hendon FC / Wembley FC ground - Vale Farm

11 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, I think everyone enjoys visiting Vale Farm for a match, here are some photos:

Hendon FC / Wembley FC ground - Vale Farm

It's a cracking little ground/club ?

It's a shame that more of the locals don't go and support the club instead of watching that Premiership crap on the TV.

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 15:53, Savagebee said:

Both clubs have very good grounds so on that I'm glad that they are going no where for now ?

Silver Jubilee Park has changed a lot over the years hasn't it particularly since Hendon arrived there in 2016:

Hendon FC ground - Silver Jubilee Park

13 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Silver Jubilee Park has changed a lot over the years hasn't it particularly since Hendon arrived there in 2016:

I really like the old and new ground to be honest.

Just glad the ground wasn't left to die or turned into to yuppie flats.

• 3 weeks later...

Where is the Football???

To all the Wembley FC fans, missing the games at Vale Farm and other venues.

Here we are the end of May 2020 and we still do not know when (or if) the 2020/21 season will commence due to Covid 19.

The Football Association are only interested in the Premier Division as to cancel the league would result in loss of revenue. All leagues lower that National league have been suspended and there has been no indication if and when we will restart.

I have noted through various forums that some higher leagues are contesting the decision, however no concrete notice from the SSML.

Brian & Ian are still at the Club cutting the pitch and generally tidying up the ground so that when we do start we have the best ground in the league. 

So it would look like there will be no football until at least September (if at all) so have a safe and virus free summer and I will try and monitor the situation should there be any change and inform you if we can start playing again.

COYL

On 23/05/2020 at 20:34, Rhodes said:

Hendon FC ground - Silver Jubilee Park

Looking good at Silver Jubilee Park ?

Roof completed and inside the new bar is beginning to take shape!

EaAA6eBWkAYPENS?format=jpg&name=large

EaAA6d9WoAA9BWv?format=jpg&name=large

Scaffolding now gone!

EaKr5GYWkAENrL4?format=jpg&name=large

Savagebee - Do you recall posting this picture on 25 June 2012, it was a wonderful story at the time wasn't it:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/18534739

_61047916_wembleyfc_wembleyfc.jpg

41 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Do you recall posting this picture on 25 June 2012, it was a wonderful story at the time wasn't it:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/18534739

_61047916_wembleyfc_wembleyfc.jpg

I do yes.

I was told that a few of the Wembley FC regular league/other cups games starters were not to happy about being dropped from the FA Cup games though.

A great money maker for the club though.

Ian BASHER Bates takes pride in his carpet of a pitch ?

EbIe1WgWsAII589?format=jpg&name=large

#Lookinggood

So it seems that people from Wembley FC check this forum out ??

http://www.wembleyfc.com/suburban-south-midlands-league-prem-div-2020-21/

Suburban? ?