Jump to content
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
GRS67

Edgware Town and Wembley leaving the SSMFL

Recommended Posts

I've heard that we (Edgware Town) will be leaving the SSMFL at the end of the season along with Wembley to join a new league. Most likely it'll be the new division at step 5 being run by the Combined Counties based round the Thames Valley and West London. 

 

They'll be some clubs in the Combined Counties at present who will form the make up of the new division along with some clubs to the West of London in the Hellenic as well as Edgware and Wembley from the SSMFL. 

It'll be interesting to see how the new league pans out but I think it's possibly a better fit for Edgware than the SSMFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GRS67 - Yes, I was reading about the planned restructuring however I'm not in favour of changes for changes sake every season, I think that  Edgware Town and Wembley are pretty well placed in the SSML and the League would be the poorer without the two Club's if they were to leave:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/26633/fa-second-phase-non-league-restructuring/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

GRS67 - Yes, I was reading about the planned restructuring however I'm not in favour of changes for changes sake every season, I think that  Edgware Town and Wembley are pretty well placed in the SSML and the League would be the poorer without the two Club's if they were to leave:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/26633/fa-second-phase-non-league-restructuring/

 

 

With the Division yet to be finalised I guess we won't know how this will pan out but I think it's all swings and roundabouts,rather than head North we'll be heading West. Journey times may be longer which will cause issues especially in midweek but we won't know till it happens.

 

I heard that the Essex Senior League wanted Edgware to move in the summer along with Cockfosters and Hadley, perhaps that's still a possibility but I think the FA will want Edgware to go West just as Hendon moved to the Western based division of the Southern League.

With regards to it being a loss to the SSMFL,, they want to get rid of their southernmost clubs so they're obviously not bothered at Edgware and Wembley moving on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GRS67 said:

I heard that the Essex Senior League wanted Edgware to move in the summer along with Cockfosters and Hadley, perhaps that's still a possibility but I think the FA will want Edgware to go West just as Hendon moved to the Western based division of the Southern League

Yes, I don't think the Essex Senior League would suit Edgware Town somehow, the Club would be like a duck out of water wouldn't it, lets see what happens anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a move to the Essex Senior League would leave Edgware feeling like a "Duck out of Water" as you said unless you mean location wise? 

Football standard wise both Hadley and Cockfosters are doing well this season having moved sideways Hadley did well last eason but Cockfosters struggled in the SSMFL. 

I would imagine the standard in the Essex Senior League is possibly not as good as in the SSMFL Premier especially at top end. 

I'm hoping that the new Division in the CCL will be a easier way to progress for Edgware

Edited by GRS67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 13:24, GRS67 said:

I've heard that we (Edgware Town) will be leaving the SSMFL at the end of the season along with Wembley to join a new league. Most likely it'll be the new division at step 5 being run by the Combined Counties based round the Thames Valley and West London. 

 

They'll be some clubs in the Combined Counties at present who will form the make up of the new division along with some clubs to the West of London in the Hellenic as well as Edgware and Wembley from the SSMFL. 

It'll be interesting to see how the new league pans out but I think it's possibly a better fit for Edgware than the SSMFL

Interesting.

They will have to run that idea by Wembley legend Ian Basher Bates first though 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 14:23, GRS67 said:

Cockfosters struggled in the SSMFL

Cockfosters didn't seem to struggle in 2016/17 when they finished third in the Premier Division just nine points behind Champions London Colney who they took six points from as well as from Hertford Town in second place. They did have the prolific Ioannis Varouxakis scoring most of their goals though who a certain match Official who posts on here will know well. Anyway it looks as if Edgware Town and Wembley will have to wait another season before departing the SSML which you seemed so sure they would be doing following the planned restructuring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/05/2020 at 23:51, Rhodes said:

Cockfosters didn't seem to struggle in 2016/17 when they finished third in the Premier Division just nine points behind Champions London Colney who they took six points from as well as from Hertford Town in second place. They did have the prolific Ioannis Varouxakis scoring most of their goals though who a certain match Official who posts on here will know well. Anyway it looks as if Edgware Town and Wembley will have to wait another season before departing the SSML which you seemed so sure they would be doing following the planned restructuring.

 

Well it would have happened had it not been for the obvious, so yes another season will have to be spent in the SSMFL 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GRS67 - Are you still involved with Edgware Town as you don't give an update on the free season ticket scheme at Silver Jubilee Park for the NW9 catchment area and whether it is still going to be rolled out to include the whole of the 2020/21 season. Also I recall asking on another thread how you felt your 2019/20 season had gone despite the unfortunate early finish, tenth place was really disappointing wasn't it and the Club never recovered from that terrible run it had earlier in the campaign when you lost nine league games out of ten and also tamely exited the FA Cup, FA Vase, Premier Division Cup and Middlesex Senior Challenge Cup at the First Round stage and the Challenge Trophy in the Second Round albeit on penalties to Crawley Green. Wembley also had an awful season by their standards didn't they finishing a lowly 19th and exiting all the cup competitions early on other than the Challenge Trophy but then lost 3-0 at home to Old Bradwell United in the Third Round, I wonder what has gone so horribly wrong of late at Vale Farm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both clubs have very good grounds so on that I'm glad that they are going no where for now 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think everyone enjoys visiting Vale Farm for a match, here are some photos:

Hendon FC / Wembley FC ground - Vale Farm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Yes, I think everyone enjoys visiting Vale Farm for a match, here are some photos:

Hendon FC / Wembley FC ground - Vale Farm

 

It's a cracking little ground/club 👍

It's a shame that more of the locals don't go and support the club instead of watching that Premiership crap on the TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 15:53, Savagebee said:

Both clubs have very good grounds so on that I'm glad that they are going no where for now 👍

Silver Jubilee Park has changed a lot over the years hasn't it particularly since Hendon arrived there in 2016:

Hendon FC ground - Silver Jubilee Park

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Silver Jubilee Park has changed a lot over the years hasn't it particularly since Hendon arrived there in 2016:

I really like the old and new ground to be honest.

Just glad the ground wasn't left to die or turned into to yuppie flats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...