Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fingers crossed for Saturday !

Burger!

With a combination of waterlogged pitches or no game scheduled for Redhill hopefully Lobster fans will get to see the lads play away at Camberley Town this Saturday. Our last game was back on 7th December when we visited Badshot Lea's new facilities and the traveling fans saw a well deserved 4 goals from Mo Diakite in a solid away 1-4 win so lets hope the good form continues into the new year. It was not just the goals that were worth remembering, but the welcome in the boardroom and the very tasty Sausage pasta that went down well! Have been trying to take in games at other clubs but none of my plans worked out as work or jobs at the club got in the way.. then I spotted that Tonbridge Angles were away today to Maidstone united but it was listed as advance ticket sales only....one thing that makes me grind my teeth for non-league games.......so I give up on that only to find out this morning its now cash on the gate,  well I've made other plans for today,  were Maidstone thinking they would get a sell out crowd? who knows.

Anyhow back CCL, I hope everyones pitches are recovering well and I will be looking to do some pitch slitting and spiking soon as it gets a little firmer to get the machines out. Grass is still just about growing and the turfed goal areas we did in the closed season has worked well and should require just minimal remedial work for next season.  We invested in having the pitch drained a few years ago so exploring what we can do to better cope when we have multiple days of rain, its amazing to see the amount of water the drains remove if you lift the cover!  From the advice I have seen  from drainage firms online is to add sand banding/slitting to link the lateral drains that run across the width of the pitch, anyone had this done by contractors or did the work themselfs?

Still printing our programmes but its a right pain in the bum when games get called off and I don't like serving up out of date info using the postponed programme, so I have stared to rearrange pages so that date related stuff is in multiples of pages in the centre of the programme so minimal reprinting is done, also I don't do the staples until I know game is on! I would like to expand programme gate sales to inclued an on-line issue as well, we are lucky to have "Senior Lobster" our club historian who for each issue submits a couple of articles plus an excellent quiz as l think his work deserves a wider audience.

Happy new year to everyone, what ever club you follow lets hope 2020 brings what you hope for. To all the committee members, the folk who man the turnstyles, who flip the bugers, serve in the bar, the ground staff, who edit the programme, the people who turn up mid week you don't get to see who get the jobs done behind the scenes a HUGE thank you for all the hard work you do for your clubs.

Glad you're fit and well, Burgs.  Weather seems a little bit better now.

4 minutes ago, Big J R said:

Glad you're fit and wll, Burgs.  Weather seems a little bit better now.

I'm fine hope you are doing ok. Well its not snowing thats a bonus!

I have spent hours yesterday and today looking for a bottle of printer head cleaning fluid, now I remember I left it at the club so I would not forget where it was, note to self....by some post-it note pads. I blame it on cheap cider.

Archived