Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Any Positive SSML Newes Out There?

Ollie Bayliss always has some positive and good news stories on his Twitter page, it's such a shame that his BBC Three Counties Radio Non League show was taken off air on a Tuesday evening:

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss

11 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Ollie Bayliss always has some positive and good news stories on his Twitter page, it's such a shame that his BBC Three Counties Radio Non League show was taken off air on a Tuesday evening:

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss

:thumbsup(2):

There's a thread on another Forum entitled 'Cup Finals That Have Been Played' and it included Stotfold's comfortable 2-0 victory over Stevington in the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Final on Wednesday 11 March at The Eyrie, just before the curtain came down so abruptly. It would have been interesting to see whether Stotfold could have gone on to also lift the Division One Cup on 29 April against St Panteleimon and the Hitchingbrooke Cup this season as well as gain promotion to the Premier Division which was looking like a formality, the New Roker Park would have been a great Premier Division venue for next season:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/cup-finals-that-have-been-played.1221/

Billede

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

There's a thread on another Forum entitled 'Cup Finals That Have Been Played' and it included Stotfold's comfortable 2-0 victory over Stevington in the Bedfordshire FA Senior Trophy Final on Wednesday 11 March at The Eyrie, just before the curtain came down so abruptly. It would have been interesting to see whether Stotfold could have gone on to also lift the Division One Cup on 29 April against St Panteleimon and the Hitchingbrooke Cup this season as well as gain promotion to the Premier Division which was looking like a formality, the New Roker Park would have been a great Premier Division venue for next season:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/cup-finals-that-have-been-played.1221/

Billede

Are you a member NLM forum Rhodes?

58 minutes ago, Savagebee said:

Are you a member NLM forum Rhodes?

Actually I was banned from it a good number of years ago and never bothered trying to join again, I find posting on here time consuming enough so I don't  think I will bother

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Actually I was banned from it a good number of years ago and never bothered trying to join again, I find posting on here time consuming enough so I don't  think I will bother

Fair enough.

35 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Edgeware v Corinthian casuals at The White Lion ground 14/3/87. Cracking photo. 

75AD63B6-55EE-4B12-9B4C-719EC6693622.jpeg

Love that photo :thumbsup(2):

Never got the chance to go to The White Lion Ground and it looks like my sort of ground i love the dugouts and the raised grass area behind the goal.

I loved Hayes FCs, Hendon FCs and Southall FCs old grounds I used love going to them grounds.

#Propernonleaguefootballgrounds

Edited by Savagebee

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Edgeware v Corinthian casuals at The White Lion ground 14/3/87. Cracking photo. 

Where's Gavin, look what the wonderful ground sadly became:

http://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2010/08/white-lion-ground-august-2010.html

kingsbury+030.JPG

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

Love that photo :thumbsup(2):

Never got the chance to go to The White Lion Ground and it looks like my sort of ground i love the dugouts and the raised grass area behind the goal.

I loved Hayes FCs, Hendon FCs and Southall FCs old grounds I used love going to them grounds.

#Propernonleaguefootballgrounds

Savagebee - Did you ever go to Aylesbury United's old ground at Buckingham Road before it was sadly left to rot after Aylesbury United left in July 2006 when the lease expired. They were of course a former SSML Club but never during their time at Buckingham Road as far as I'm aware:

Edited by Rhodes

Where's Gavin, look what the wonderful ground sadly became:

http://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2010/08/white-lion-ground-august-2010.html

kingsbury+030.JPG

Is the ground still there now? Like that?

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Did you ever go to Aylesbury United's old ground at Buckingham Road before it was sadly left to rot after Aylesbury United left in July 2006 when the lease expired. They were of course a former SSML Club but never during their time at Buckingham Road as far as I'm aware:

No but I've been to there new ground.

There's something really sad about seeing a football ground rot away.

I'm guessing it's a housing estate now? ?

Savagebee - You mentioned Hendon's Claremont Road earlier and that really was a ground wasn't it, I loved the floodlights. Surprise surprise, Fairview Homes Limited bought the land and made a killing building yuppie flats:

APPLICANT: Fairview New Homes Limited 

PROPOSAL: Redevelopment to provide 135 residential units (comprising 84 flats in 3 five storey blocks and 51 two/three storey dwelling houses); associated highway works including new accesses from Claremont Road and removal of existing accesses; internal street network, car parking, refuse storage, landscaping and amenity space provision 

Hendon FC, Claremont Road Ground

Edited by Rhodes

15 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - You mentioned Hendon's Claremont Road earlier and that really was a ground wasn't it, I loved the floodlights. Surprise surprise, Fairview Homes Limited bought the land and made a killing building yuppie flats:

APPLICANT: Fairview New Homes Limited 

PROPOSAL: Redevelopment to provide 135 residential units (comprising 84 flats in 3 five storey blocks and 51 two/three storey dwelling houses); associated highway works including new accesses from Claremont Road and removal of existing accesses; internal street network, car parking, refuse storage, landscaping and amenity space provision 

Hendon FC, Claremont Road Ground

Yep I loved the floodlights as well and it was a cracking ground as well.

My favourite ground, the pitch was as good as anything in the country at its peak. It’s a tragedy. 

St Albans City FCs ground springs to mind as still being an old skool non league football ground?

Edited by Savagebee

Savagebee - I think you posted that on the wrong thread, has it been a long day. I have just heard by the way that Eddie Large has sadly died from the Coronavirus, very sad.

12 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I think you posted that on the wrong thread, has it been a long day. I have just heard by the way that Eddie Large has sadly died from the Coronavirus, very sad.

R.I.P. Eddie Large thanks for making me laugh when I was a kid.

12 hours ago, Savagebee said:

St Albans City FCs ground springs to mind as still being an old skool non league football ground?

Savagebee - I see that you moved your earlier post. Clarence Park was one of the first grounds I visited in the early 70's, I remember bunking off school to go there, it was obviously a lot different back then to what it is like now:

stalb+016.JPG