Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Monday 3 January - SSML Results/Reports

21 hours ago, Rhodes said:

This could be an interesting affair, I wonder whether View From The Boundary is attending: 

May be an image of text that says "CARDR TD NEXT UP HIGNTINGCOCAS BROADFIELDS UNITED ww FOOTBAL V OXHEY JETS Jets MONDAY 3RD JANUARY 2022 KO: 15:00 TITHE FARM SPORTS SOCIAL CLUB HARROW, HA2 ΟΧΗ £5 ADULTS £3 CONCESSIONS This match is being sponsored by: KCR f Broadfields United FC @BroadfieldsUtd @BroadfieldsUtd"

I was indeed Rhodes, and witnessed a fine Jets win which was never in doubt. Berko loanee Jake Tabor scored on his first start having caught the eye from the bench on debut at Risborough, and set up Sean Giordamaina shortly after the restart with a fine run and cross from the left. 

Free scoring Kyal Williams has been placed at struggling Northwood by his parent club Kings Langley, who took cultured centre half Ferrell Charles sight unseen last month. Losing players of such calibre would ordinarily hurt teams, but no evidence of that today.

Jets haven't lost the first game of a new year since 2017, and completed the double over their hosts today.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Leverstock Green Green 1 Holmer Green 2

What a shocker, I wonder how Leverstock Green will explain that result away in their match report at about 10.30pm especiaIIy after taking a 49th minute Iead.

Edited by Rhodes

Premier Division
Broadfields United 0 Oxhey Jets 2

A groundhopper from another Forum was also at Tithe Farm:

Broadfields United 0-2 Oxhey Jets, Spartan South Midlands, Tithe Farm
Entry £3 (codger rate), att. approx 80. Broadfields started off slightly the better side but after a mistake on 15 which led to the first Oxhey goal they were always second best. The second goal was about 20 seconds after the second half kick off, missed by quite a few of the spectators.
Quite an entertaining match, a thoroughly deserved victory for Oxhey who really should have scored more, spurning 3 easy chances. Broadfields went close a couple of times towards the end but were a long way second best.
First visit to Rayners Lane. Impressive club house but little else in the way of spectator accommodation, would not like to go there on a wet day as only the small shallow stand (with very few seats) opposite the entrance provided any cover.

Division Two
Eynesbury United 0 Milton Keynes College Football Academy 0

Eynesbury United's match report:  

Eynesbury Utd (0) 0 MKCFA (0) 0
Though the score line maybe suggests that this was an uneventful affair, in reality both sides served up a new year cracker for those present.
MKCFA inflicted United’s heaviest defeat in September and again proved what a good side these youngsters are. They play possession football and are not afraid to take a chance or two. Their movement and organisation are second to none in this league, and United had to work hard to stay in the game for long periods, especially in the first half.
United though did start brightly, using the flanks to try and break through the stoic MKCFA defence, however the only real effort came from Baxter whose shot was easily dealt with by the keeper. MKCFA then started to take a foothold and moved the ball around, and on 16 minutes should have taken the lead when the lively winger found himself with just Jeckells to beat but he shot into the side netting. Minutes later Jeckells was called upon to make a world class save when Asante’s effort was heading into the top corner, but the home keeper sprang to his right to turn the ball over the bar. MKCFA thought they had taken the lead moments later but the referee adjudged that Harris had been fouled from a corner. United finally got their act together and started to grow into the game, but failed to really trouble the away keeper, and the half time break saw the two sides go in at 0-0.
MKCFA had been the better side in the first half and never let United settle, however United came out a better side in the second half. Dixon and Buckle were getting more joy down the flanks and when the latter played a great ball in to the box, Baxter latched on to it but his shot was blocked. Man of the Match Ollie Sole started to run the show and his determination drove the Bulls on. On 58 minutes a ball again fell to Baxter but his shot was again saved. The biggest moment of the afternoon came on 68 minutes when Owen Dixon was sent down the left by Sole, his pin point cross found Fox at the far post but his effort went wide. Fox was again in the middle of things moments later but his header went just wide.
MKCFA we’re now playing on the counter attack and had a number of chances to score, but good defending and poor finishing kept the scores level.
The final chance of the afternoon fell to Owen Dixon but his shot was blocked.
At full time I think most people would have gone away believing a point a piece was fair.
For United it’s a top v second affair against Old Bradwell, which again should be a tough away day. Still a good point, yet another clean sheet, and a very good game of football.

What a shocker, I wonder how Leverstock Green will explain that result away in their match report at about 10.30pm especiaIIy after taking a 49th minute Iead.

Here it is foIks:  

21 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I’m told Curtis Brown belatedly starts his Luton trial today after suffering an injury. I understand his has a couple of other trial offers too. 

Winslow Boy - Yes, your source of information was right:

https://www.bucksherald.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/luton-reportedly-taking-a-close-look-at-winslow-united-striker-3513468?fbclid=IwAR09LiDWco-am5D-tcMOZjUZv7299cHekUlBwQiNPesRctmS0KioVJKGX-k

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Here it is foIks:  

Holmer Green's version of events yesterday:

https://www.holmergreenfc.co.uk/match/1082/20220103-leverstock-green#report

On 03/01/2022 at 18:14, Rhodes said:

Premier Division
Baldock Town 2 Crawley Green 4

A good win for Crawley Green following seven successive League defeats:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/crawleygreenfc/news/baldock-town-fc-2-v-crawley-green-fc-4-2672851.html

Division One
Rushden & Higham United 8 Raunds Town 1

The line ups yesterday at Hayden Road, I see Jake Reynolds unsurprisingly scored a hat trick:

May be an image of text that says "Spartan South Midlands League Division Monday 3rd January 2022 Kick Off 15:00 Rushden Higham Utd FC Today's team line ups Raunds Town FC Swailes Roche DvHun David Ben Peaks Austin Bishop Sonny Jasper Randa Luke Aridegbe Capt Lewis Aaron Jake Reynolds Ryan Knowles Adulis Jake Sulman Dean McBride Rhaman Stanciu Adam Speight Clark Alex Wills 8 12 10 Substitutes Connor 'Anson Gray Munya Matiyenga 16 17 Jordan Pendred Substitutes Isasc Carter Matty Gearing Charlie Waple-Moors Ethan Goodman Harry Waple-Moors 15 16 17 PERREKKKK hereward M mdh Official AMSPORT EDUCATION EDUCATION-BUSINESS Match Ball Suppliers TROPHIES"

Edited by Rhodes

Division One
Amersham Town 1 Penn & Tylers Green 1

A match report from Spratleys Meadow:

https://www.amershamtownfc.com/amersham-town-v-penn-and-tylers-green

Division One
Buckingham Athletic 1 Long Crendon 0

A groundhopper from another Forum was at Stratford Fields, the game did well to survive:

Spartan South Midlands League First Division
Buckingham Athletic 1 Long Crendon 0
Admission £6, coffee £1
First new ground of 2022 and I'd originally intended to do Bourton Rovers, but that was waterlogged so a quick check on Futbology found this one with the home side's Twitter confirming game on.
There is a car park at Stratford Fields, but it was full when I arrived but street parking available on the road opposite.
Club house on site outside of the ground with bar open.
Most of the ground is open to the elements, the only covered area being the stand along one side, next to the tea bar.
The game had survived the rain but a heavy pitch meant that there was not a lot in the way of good football played. The hosts took the lead in the 21st minute and held it to the end. Visitors had a couple of penalty shouts turned down which ultimately led to a sin-binning in the 9th minute of stoppage time!
Kicking off the year, I've done a 1pm kick off on the 1st, a 2pm kick off on the 2nd and now a 3pm kick off on the 3rd! Fairly sure I've never done that before!

On 04/01/2022 at 19:39, Winslow Boy said:

He’s got a wee chancie for sure. 

I think Curtis couId weII go aII the way, was he on contract at EImfieIds Gate out of interest:

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/2022/01/04/2021-22-ssmfl-d1-winslow-united-starlet-brown-starts-luton-town-trial/

Edited by Rhodes

Premier Division
Risborough Rangers 1 Tring Athletic 0

Both versions of events:

Match Report: Risborough Rangers 1 - 0 Tring Athletic : First Team (risboroughrangersfc.co.uk)

Tring Athletic Football Club (tafc.co.uk)

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:

I think Curtis couId weII go aII the way, was he on contract at EImfieIds Gate out of interest

I don’t know to be honest, but I think the club are no fools. They just received a sum (albeit small) as a former player got a pro transfer in Cyprus, or so I’m told. As for Curtis if he shows what he’s shown so far he is worth a gamble from their perspective in my opinion, with the added training and quality he’d get there they could turn him into a proper player. He’s a great lad, excellent attitude and is more than deserving of a shot. 

Edited by Winslow Boy

Division Two
Buckingham United 1 Sarratt 5

Action from this one courtesy of Sports Shots:

Division One
Irchester United 1 Northampton Sileby Rangers 3

The match programme and a photograph from the action:

sileby_03012022 by David Cockings - Flipsnack

May be an image of 5 people, people playing American football, people standing and grass

Edited by Rhodes

Premier Division
Harpenden Town 0 Hadley 2

The line ups:

Billede

Division One
Langford 0 Shefford Town & Campton 5

A groundhopper from another Forum was at Forde Park on Monday:

South Midlands League Division One at Forde Park.
Langford 0-5 Shefford Town and Campton, Admission £6, Programme included, Badge £3. Burger and Coffee £3.60. Att 133.

Forde Park has been 'on the list' for a long time, regularly 'thought' about a midweek night visit, but fear of the M40/M25/A1 has dissuaded me on numerous occasions. Thinking on a grey January B/H the roads would be fairly quiet, bullet was bitten, and I was rewarded.
Extremely friendly people from the car park attendants to the lady at the tea hatch to the fella on the turnstile, who finished my sentence "Do you by any chance have any....." Badges, yes we do! In a little box on the turnstile.
I heard a home sub make comment to the packed car park, so I should imagine attendance at Forde Park is normally around the 40 mark, local rivals Shefford, only three miles distant came with a few fans, but it was probably mostly at home for the holidays locals coming out for a rare game.
As for the game, it was pretty one sided in the first half, as some clinical finishing tore the home defence, what is was, apart. Four up at the break, and I should think the home dressing room heard a few home truths at ht. The second half was much more even as Langford were much improved. However two from Metcalfe, two from McNamara and an OG completed a fairly comprehensive rout.
I heard another hopper loudly talking about his weekend visit to the NW to a disinterested women in the clubhouse pre match, then heard him doing the same to some poor soul under the covered enclosure, my distance was successfully kept! Ground is flat standing around three sides, and on the other a small stand, rather off centre to be of much use, and a small covered enclosure sits the other side of the dugouts. Entirely fine for a Step 6 club. I believe I only need Raunds and Letchworth Garden City Eagles to complete all the grounds in the top two divisions of the SML. The programme covered three December/Jan fixtures, but was free with entry.