Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex Sevens SupportersT ournament (2005 )

Hello everyone at Canvey Island, firstly congratualtions on your promotion to the promise land we look forward to the Xmas Derby

Next May Dagenham & Redbridge supporters team will be hosting there very 1st supporters team competiton with a difference. We will play in matches against the likes of Barnet and Stevenage over the season and are bound to get invited to there competitions so Daggers have gone for the extreme. Following a discussion with Stephen Thompson club secretary last week, we are allowed to use the ground.

for one day and one day. We will invite 7 other teams as guests to play in the inalrgeal Essex Seven's (yes Essex sevens). Currently in the event are Dagenham & Redbridge, Colchester United, Leyton Orient, Southend United .Other teams will be picked and e-mails will be sent to the forums. Brownie will provide music all day, Barry Lewis the catering and in the centre circle will catering and in the center circle will be a marquee. Each side will be 2 seven a side pitches, games will last for 15 minutes each and you play each side in your group twice. The top two from each group then play off for 1 and 2, and continuously down the groups. Each team that finishes from position 4-8 will receive a medal, position 3 bronze, and position 2 silver and top a huge trophy plus winners trophies. There will be a golden boot and player of the year tournament. This is going to be a special Saturday at Victoria Road, myself and Brian have been discussing it for a few weeks now and are starting to sort bits out. Each team will have to pay the entrance fee of £60 each to cover bits and pieces but that covers all the days events.

Other than that at the moment 2004/05-season dream Essex Sevens lives on!

What i require is somebody from Canvey to get in contact with myself in view of running the Canvey Island Supporters Side for the day. You will need 10 other players or 11 if you dont play yourself

Many Thanks for your time and let me know danic500@aol.com

------------

Basically it's next year May 2005, but we are trying to sort things out now so we know what teams will be partcipating. I don't know if you have a supporters team at the moment but hopefully you can get one for the occasion. Thanks alot guys