Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Steve Browne's conduct last nite

I think a lot of the attention from the Maidenhead debacle has been deflected from Steve Browne because of those last 20mins.<p>A couple of points:-<p>1. Steve Browne was seen getting out of his car at the ground at 740pm.. 5mins b4 kick-off.. shows how much he valued the match as a whole.<p>2. Once again, no motivation from him or the bench as we inevitably slip to 3v0 down.. even then, not a flicker of emotion, contrasted (YET AGAIN, SEASON AFTER SEASON) with Maidenhead's Alan Devonshire - no wonder Aldershot are after him. When Slough FINALLY started playing, it was thru the shouts and screams of SLOUGH FANS, barking orders to "HOOF IT" instead of the prancing passing football on that quagmire of a pitch. Fans screaming at their players to "DO IT FOR US"<p>The quality of the pitch means nothing. We played on Maidenhead's s***hole and were outplayed 3v0 for 70mins, we played Aylesbury's lush green were outplayed 4vo for 90mins.. it makes no difference.<p>The spirited fightback to 2v3 is in no way connected to Browne whatsoever.. if he was any kind of manager he would have seen the atrocious conditions and known that passing football would not win the match, as shown. That is basic... BASIC.. tactical nous. The fact that Maidenhead were AWFUL .. and I MEAN, AWFUL.. and still coasted into a 3v0 lead speaks volumes.<p>But of course, Browne has us over a barrel. If he is sacked, then Browne will just go to the FA, say he's not been paid, this that and the other and STFC will really be in the **** . Deaner's proclamation weeks ago of "If Browne Goes, I Go" is now symbolic not of Deaner's faith in Browne, but his fear of his own demise if Browne goes to the F.A.<p>It's a right fugging mess, worse than the York Road pitch. mad.gif" border="0

First seventy minutes we wanted Browne's head on a plate. Mini-revival and we roar the team on for final minutes and gave them a good ovation at the end. Response = Browne and players clap us all. We should make a concerted effort to rid the club of this passionless leech. Two of the biggest games of the season and we were dreadful for at least 160 minutes. To arrive just minutes before kick off and this is confirmed is a disgrace and would not happen at any other club. He should either prepare properly or not bother attending at all. Browne must go!!!!!!

I doubt Browne was at the match at all. According to todays programme he was at a match where Slough dominated all the second half after his half time talk. Couldn't have been the match I went to as in that one Slough were nowhere for the first 70 minutes, and the opponents scored twice after halftime.<p>Browne seems to exist in a differant world to the rest of us--if only.