Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

IMPORTANT - Update on upgrade of software

Hi,

I will be upgrading the software later (Sun) today to 6.3.0.1 of UBB. This will 'clean' the site of any hacks that could potentially interfere with the planned upgrade. (members list / calendar / chat room)

I will then be upgrading the software at some point over the next 48 hours.

A few of the features might vanish for a short while, but they will return.

Once the new software is in place, I will be contacting each moderator with the new URL for each club - however the pull down menus at the top of each page, will be correct.

I expect us to have down time of around 2 hours, but the overall upgrade will probably take a good 24-48 hours of continuous work, during which time certain links may not function correctly.

I will advise as to when the big switch will commence. However I will commence it overnight to avoid too much inconvenience.

You will have notice that the number of members has dropped - as a lot of the zero posters have been wiped - several of whom were fake accounts - please could everyone check their email address as several of you have old invalid ones, and as a result emails are bouncing.

Regards,

Ian

Okay - we are now on 6.3.0.1 - a minor alteration, but moderators are now only flagged as moderators in the forums that they actually moderate.

I plan to start the big switch probably tomorrow night (Mon).

There will be some changes, and I will post these in a new thread, that I urge everyone to read.

Ian