Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Popovic gone?

DarrenGNFC

Must've been difficult for some - I myself was extremely peed off with some of the players - but would never let them know that and always encourage. But that doesnt excuse people verbally abusing the same players that took us to third - quite right.

I believe that losing Perkins, Walshe and Abbey has costed us.

Quote:

Spoke with Ben Abbey today, he is currently not playing for anyone.

He was aware that Fordy had gone, and still looks out for our results.

We could do a lot worse than get him back.

Perks is back in the country in April, too late for this season , but I know that he enjoyed his time down at the Fleet and prior to Fordy going he would have had no hesitation in coming back. Not sure now tho.

Up the Fleet - London Branch

Quote:

Well, I'd agree with two thirds of that. Personally I was never all that sure about Walshe.

Also, what about Haworth? Patently not the mythical '20-goal-a-season man' that everyone loves to go on about, but frankly we could do a lot worse than him at the moment.

Quote:
It's the usual thing though Richard, different mentality of slagging them off. I was disgusted yesterday, some people really let themselves down with their comments about the players.

It's been going on all season. No they've really got something to moan about after Dagenham.
A particular bad example of abuse directed at one of the players was a couple of weeks ago, a two fingered gesture. I ask you, perhaps it's no wonder our players have gone off the boil