Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lewes - No conference promotion !

according to the local rag here Lewes who got into the Conference south through the play-offs and currently 4th in the league have advised the Confernece Board that they cannot upgrade their ground in time for next Season so even if they get automatic propmotion will not be able to take it ! With regards to some of the posts on here is this a case of a team moving too quick ! I firmly believe that Sloughs present team could compete in the Conference with just a few additions ! If only one of us could win the lottery !

The only people that this news of the Dripping Pan not being ready for Conference football has come to are the Lewes supporters themselves. I do have sympathy for them as a club being denied the chance to progress on the basis of its football stadium is unfortunate. However, I do believe they have been naive in the extreme to think that the Pan can get up to scratch so quickly. I wish them well for the future and hope that this off the field revelation does not have an adverse effect on the field. That said you can get 6/1 on their opponents to win at the Dripping Pan on Saturday and that should not be sniffed at!

I spoke to a Lewes fan last night, and its really unclear what will happen - was also interesting to read comments from Cliff, one of their most avid supporters, who said they haven't been having as much fun at away games this season, not just cos of distance but unfriendliness of many of the fans/clubs

brighton rebel

fine, i was actually referring to our recent performances against thurrock and salisbury, which hopefully should carry across a bit to our league form.

thing is at this moment in time promotion shouldnt be in the minds of fans anyway, even if we have an outside chance of playoffs, seriously we need a stadium first, then after that whatever happens happens, whether it be promotion, a cup win or anything else.