Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

TALK OF THE TOWN - MAHONEYS VISION (AMPTHILL TOWN)

Steve Mahoney was impressed by Saturday’s performance against one of the so called big guns, the website caught up with him for his views on the weekends action.

Saturday's game was another one of them might of been games, what was your view of it?

I thought we played very well. Colney Heath are in the top five of the league and I didn’t see much that worried us, we did look the better team in long periods of the game but unfortunately just some bad mistakes cost us.

At the start of the season Colney Heath got an easy three points against the amps, do u think teams are finding Ampthill a lot more organised side now and harder to beat?

yes because we are harder to beat and more organised. I have been at the club now for 6 games, we have been working hard on lots of things and its making us a better team as results have shown.

Another penalty conceded, are you going to address this problem in the near future?

no player means to give away a penalty its just bad luck, the way we have had 5 or 6 penalties in the last 6 or 7 games. Its not the same player giving the penalties away or same foul being committed all the time its just what happens in games sometimes. A few of the penalties shouldn’t have been penalties like Brimsdown for example.

Can we take positives from Saturdays game?

yes very much so, we played some really good football at times on Saturday also had some very good individual performances. looks like players are hitting form just in time for the last push of the season.

We take on Shillington Saturday, which will be another big game, what sort of game are you expecting?

I think its a game we can win if we play like we did against Colney Heath, it will be a battle and we will have to show the work rate we have shown in other weeks. There is only one injury I know of that’s Paul Tuffs and Paul Ratcliffe is unavailable.