Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Town "Cult Hero"?

Been around for about eight years and from my time I would choose Colin Simpson aka Simmo....Perhaps not the most talented we've ever had but you knew he meant it...surely the epitome of "cult" or something like that....

Hard to say - Dave Root is up there purely for his cheek in joining the conga on the last day win over Thame to secure promotion!

Other than that Mooro (pele) was a legend, in the current squad i'd go for pat (paaaaaaaaaat) and henty (for his long service - something of a novelty these days)

Joe Baker will always surely be held in the highest esteem - so difficult to choose just one player!

Steve Jones...you always felt as so Billericay would score at least once when he was playing

Leon Gutzmore...always good for a goal or two and had that one special 51 goal season..

Marky Barry...hardcase..headcase..nutcase..who could play a bit as well..

Dave Roser...clever player who was BTFC through and through..

All good stuff but for me it comes down to a tie between Mark Kuene and Mark Jenkins...

Kueue loved the club and its supporters and many a kareoke away day was started by Kuey singing Runaround Sue...

Jenko was blood, sweat and beers. Who that were there will ever forget that moment away at Tooting & Mitcham when he took the referee out two footed from behind shortly after he had not been given a penalty?!!

As all the other names have been mentioned I will go for something a little field I always felt that Steve Jones (not the Steve Jones other Steve Jones 03/ 04 season) had a certain status in mind anyway as he gave 110% despite lacking ability compared to other players and was prepared to get stuck in and fight for the cause such as away a St Albans we he scored got a head injuring colliding with the post/oppo centre back and eventually was subbed off ten minutes. Then of course there was that goal against Canvey

Thought you meant the other other Steve Jones for a minute there, the one who was before both the Steve Jones and the other Steve Jones 03/04, similar sort of player and stature to the other Steve Jones 03/04, the other other Steve Jones would have played around 82-85 era I guess. And I worked with his mum for a while...