Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Womens Football

michael

Lots of encouraging news on here about Youth Football.

I would also like to see a ladies football team be associated with the club-there was talk of it at one time.

I 've seen a bit of the European matches on telly and i thought standard was good-i think alot of the male chauvinistic critcism is unfounded .

Just to prove i can be equally chauvinistic though, there is no denying there is a certain alternative appeal about watching the ladies game;and if anyone else saw the matches, i think Englands left back-Rachel Unitt- is gorgeous

All the criticism of Johanssons remarks today is unfounded imo.

Lets face it, its the 21st century and sex sells.

Does'nt a certain Mr Beckham take the first opportunity to flaunt his pecs in the glossies, and the supplements are full of some spanish tennis gigilo at the moment.

Anyway i think it would be great for MFC to have a ladies team,and i'm sure shirt and short sponsorship would not be a problem !

All this politically correct thing to say is annoying-Radio 5 live had an interview with with another England ladies player tonight and whilst saying the correct thing insofar as she liked the football side-she completely conceded that that marketing the ladies game is important(because ultimately she would get more money).

The stupid BBC twisted the interview in their headlines to say she was against Johanssons comments.

Anyway- for various reasons,i'd like to see MFC have a ladies team, partly as a marketing excercise aswell to get more friends/families and females to all games.

I know how well things now appear to be going and I do not wish to put too much of a downer on it. But only a few years ago Margate Football Club had one of the best, if not the best supported and well run Youth Sections in certainly the South, with over three hundred players from under 9s to under 16s registered with two teams in most age groups,and a girls/ladies section with a couple of teams.The Club through whoevers fault lost the lot,and now they have got to start from scratch.PLEASE DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN !!!!!!

You are a bit out of touch. We have 13 youth teams, fully kitted out, and about 400 youth members (potential Junior Misa members also).

That was then, this is now. Good enough to be going on with, methinks.

Yes michaelmichael, I was watching Euro 2005 with a great deal on interest. I particularly rate Rachael Yankee, what a player. The matches were very exciting, but it was a shame to see England were not quite in the top league, and it showed. This is a side of the game that could do with some major growth and sponsorship, the sport is now the top sport for girls, tremendous potential there.

But am I not right in thinking that there is a Margate Ladies team in existence? Did they not embarass one of our goalies in a penalty shoot-out at half time back during the season before last at Crabble?

And if Germany dont beat Norway convincingly on Sunday in the final I will walk down Margate High Street in my birthday suit. My guess is by 4 or 5 or even by 6. No joke! A Norway win would be the biggest shock of the year! No contest!

Quote:
cookie said:
And if Germany dont beat Norway convincingly on Sunday in the final I will walk down Margate High Street in my birthday suit. My guess is by 4 or 5 or even by 6. No joke! A Norway win would be the biggest shock of the year! No contest!
Dont mean to be rude Tone but I would not miss that for the world....Come on Norway.

Sorry! Still get to keep my kit on! Experience told in the end but the Norwegians aquitted themselves better than I thought they would. Now for Schumacher in Indianapolis tonight! German day!

No bet Tone No bet. This one is no certainty.

Are you desperate to see this fine body then? Seriously NO BET! Sorry to dissapoint.

Had a good day with the footy anyway.Got my winnings already. I want Schuie to win and Barrichello and/or Montoya to be on the podium. Luck cant strike twice in one day, surely? But you never know!

Looks like there will be NO US Grand pricks. Arguments about the tyres etc.Due off in 15 minutes too. Looks like money back! Height of controversy going on. Teams threatening to pull out. Could be only a handful of cars going!