Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Bald_Eagle

Your View On Unions

..I said Unions, not Onions..

In all seriousness though people, I would like to know what peoples opinions are on weather or not joining a trade union is a good or bad thing. I do have a reason for this and am in 2 minds myself as to what the best course of action is.

And so I am interested in what others think.

Unions might not be as powerful as they once were, but i would still(and have) join(ed) a Union.

From past experiences of industrial injury, i would have been lost without a Union Lawyer.

Surprising how your friendly Supervisor can suddenly become a two faced lying dog if it will save the company a few quid.

As a semi-retired ex Local Government employee, I am a LIFE member of UNISON.

They did wonders for me when my last employer got 'shirty' over my long term sickness.

Go for it B.E.

In the wider view IMHO it's all a question of balance. If all the power is in the hands of an employer it is usually a Bad Thing. Conversely if too much power is in the hands of a union it is also usually a Bad Thing. To be honest the more I see of the antics of local government unions the more I despair - the waste of council-taxpayer's money is phenomenal.

Individually, I would say that if a union exists and it is appropriate to your profession, then it's best to join it.