Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Transfer Window Closing, It's Ron Manager Time

P.W.

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

[color:"blue"]It's nearly time for the transfer window to close, we are looking for a few new faces to complete the team, but Chris has said he's looking for a final squad of 17-18. We already have 18 ... who goes to balance the books?

[color:"blue"] No transfer window in Ryman, just Leagues down to(and including) the Conference. The point being that any unattached players from those levels will have to lower their sights if they want to earn a wage from the game (or they'll have to wait until January).

Would this vote be fair even when you consider that the players we have at present may look in here and therefore see our views on them.It could affect their form,you never know.It could even make them buck up but maybe it would be counter productive to do so & not be such a good thing to ask at this time.

I shall not vote therefore, because of that,even though my thoughts do have certain names in mind. As much as I could name names it would not be beneficial I feel to morale in this instance though I do see where you are coming from on this Peter. Obviously that is my sole opinion and I am sure you will get votes from others nevertheless especially as with curiosity a vote has to be made before seeing whos who anyway. No doubt my curiosity will get the better of me in the end though I still will mantain it may not be the best thing to do at this time when the players are under-achieving & clearly out of form.

"Would this vote be fair even when you consider that the players we have at present may look in here and therefore see our views on them.It could affect their form,you never know."

Who organised those player of the month votes last season?

Todi Jinadu (Defender)released by Aldershot today. They have also let two others go including Berie Brayley a striker. Could this be the player CK has been talking to? The players are gradually becoming available lets hope we can sign a couple of good players before the weekend.

Brayley has been prolific at this level before so he would almost certainly mean goals. Jinadu, similar to Kola so could be worth looking at. If Annon is way off full fitness then surely there's no point in hanging around waiting for him...

I wont be voting since I dont know enough about the team to make a choice. That said I wouldnt get rid of the core team members, nor would I get rid of Watson. Give him time. I agree with MargateFan here about this thread. Perhaps its a little harsh to be talking about cutting people like this.

They have wittnesed the level of support they can expect if they perform. Last season we still supported the team when playing [****!!****]. We cant afford to make that mistake again if they dont want to or cant give 100% then good bye.

As the players get a wage ,and as such are semi pro, they must expect to have views `expressed of their relative abilities.

Afterall they do have a choice;and if you' can't stand the heat ,get out of the fire'

However, whilst i will from time to time express views- hopefully constructively- of players ,i think at this stage it is not appropriate to comment in any way negatively.

I recall last season one player who imo started abmominably but turned out to be an ok player.

Maybe the players should put a poll on here and express their opinions on which of us forum users talks the most rubbish !!

[color:"blue"]Sorry if this poll offends, but talk has been pretty open about getting in new players, and Chris has a budget to stick to. It may be unpalatable to some, but he must balance the books. On this very forum we have had talk of 'needing another four players', if 4 are signed then the probability is that 4 must go.

I'm not going to pretend that this thread has been posted just to show the moral dilemma that Chris has to face ... but reality check this is how it happens.

I'm not sure we need four players. But definitely two - one striker and one midfielder. IMO a strong striker who can chase but has the strength to hold it up without falling over his own legs, and a solid midfielder who is going to be a ball winner. But, if Annon is months from full fitness then we could do with cover at the back too.