Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ramsgate

As Margate were away at Worthing I decided to go and see Ramsgate play. I couldn't believe it. A side that plays good attacking football plays as a team.When they attack they all go up together score goal.What a difference to Margate who this season seem to have no idea except to lump the ball forward and hope for the best. I think that if Ramsgate keep playing like they did yesterday they will get promotion and be playing to bigger crowds by Christmas than Margate. I saw quite a few Margate supporters there yesterday. They must have been impressed I know they are in a league but at this moment in time I'd back them to beat us 9 times out of 10

Of course the best of luck to Ramsgate. I think it would be incredible to see a Margate-Ramsgate league match. No need for any more hype from the media on that one. That would get some nice attendance figures. It was the first game I went to and I would quite like to see the same match up again.

However I dont think you are right ralph on your comments on the promotion and crowd figures. I speak here being deadly serious.

1. Promotion. Is it not a little early to be talking about promotion? Not only that but you talk about promotion before Christmas. You sound very enthusiastic about Ramsgates chances and from the looks of it Ramsgate are doing very well and credit must be given to them (this isnt sarcastic) but I dont think its the right time to be talking about promotion. Hold fire on that one.

2. Crowd figures. Id like to point out a statistic. Margate average overall/home crowd figures = 644/1145. Ramsgates figures = 261.4/220. Want me to explain further?

I dont think hes a troll, but I do think he is wrong. Hes trying to cause trouble amongst the Margate ranks. Not particularly mature, but a sad result of the right to free speech...

I did'nt mean Ramsgate would be promoted by Christmas I mean't if Ramsgate keep playing as they are and Margate keep boring people with their type game without scoring goals Ramsgates crowd will increase and overtake Margates by Christmas.As you know people are fickle and the comments I heard after the Redbridge game were not very complementery Iwould be surprised if 500 turn up for Fisher game although I will be one of them

If that happened I am sure we would be over the moon.More than you are getting pal. Lots more than you,even for a saturday afternoon and being third from top you couldnt raise more than 196. Surely there must be some sort of attraction here to be getting so many come along (dont expect 1000 plus on tuesday though)or is it that people know we are the main club in Thanet. Scoring lots of goals hasnt put you top has it? We will be alright later when things settle down.

Good to hear you will be at the Fisher game Tuesday, it would be interesting to meet you there.

I think the crowd will be higher than 500. This is Margate's first floodlit game of the new HDP and with Fisher doing quite well theres certainly likely to be some attention to this game. I reckon 800-900. The crowd has been very Margate dominated and I expect with it being an evening game there being similar numbers in force.

I'm not abitter Rams fan I'm jusr stating we must buck our ideas up or the gates will fall to between 200 to 300 like in the old Southern League days.The eurphoria of coming back to Hartsdown will soon wear off

Keep it up margate as long as you keep playing your attractive attacking form of football you will keep getting the larger crowds.

Problem with ramsgate is people dont want to pay for what they can see or play agianst at Jackies or Garlinge on a sunday morning.

Ramsgate home record this season played 2 scored 8 conceeded 3. says it itself!!

Ralph your spot on the balance of power is shifting to the Red half.

By the way hows your necks you still looking for that keister long punt!!

Clint...it may be well and good that Ramsgate are getting wins but less and less people are coming to see the games.

I know from Ramsgates own accounts that they are going to find themselves in serious debt troubles unless they can find some money. Attendance figures of 196 are not going to sort it out. The club is running out of money.

I asked before but since you are paying attention to this thread perhaps you can answer...are the attendances broadly up or down from last year?

just remember the boaring football that we are surpossed to play took us to the top of the conferance . I admit sometimes it can be a bit lackluster but overall i am pleased we still have a team to watch.

Remember what Ck said on the radio many times, most teams would have been finished by now after the past 2-3 yrs of crap we`ve been through but we are still there going on and hopfully upwards again . This has all happened because of the comitment of fans and club combined , this is why we are still sitting above you , no disrespect to you or Ramsgate ,do you think you would have been there if you had gone through what we have [ i don`t think so ]you are not quite big enough to achive that but goodluck to Ramsgate anyway on your coming season . UP THE GATE FOREVER AND ALWAYS.........................

Clint is Ralph. Ralph is Clint. He's manipulating support from himself to make it look like TWO people are in agreement. Sad that he has to resort to talking to himself and by having to come on again with a different name.It stands out a mile! Clint/Ralph,if you need support wait for someone REAL to come on and give it. Am sure theres someone out there willing and daft enough to agree with you.Though I feel it will be a Ramsgate fan.

Im sorry guys. Yes,you are right I am bitter,I am jealous and yes I do need some support so I have to make up someone else to put some credit to my posts.I am a very lonely man and don't know when to stop sometimes. I apologise. Good luck to Margate and hope you will all forgive me.

I will try to stay sober in the future then maybe I will talk more sense.