Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Virus Threat

Bernard MISA

For those interested there is a new virus doing the rounds it is W32/Sober@MM!M681 this is another mass-mailing worm hiding inside a spam email attchement. When run, the virus displays a fake error message,infects the host computer then sends itself to stolen email addresses. Note: VirusScan users with the latest DAT file are protected from this threat.

The form varies, examples are: Registration Confirmation; Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie; hi, ive a new mail address.

An example of the body of the text is: Hey its me, my old address dont work at time. i dont know why? in the last days ive got somemails. i' think thaz your mails but im not sure!

The following will alert you if your computer has been infected.

Fake error message ("Error in packed Header") displayed. Outgoing messages as noted above.

Note: Reveiving an email alert stating that the virus come from your email address is not necessarily and indication you are infected. Mass-mailing viruses often forge (or "spoof") the from address.