Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Xmas fixtures

margateshot

Is anybody else disappointed at the lack of fixtures over the Christmas period this year. No matches on Sat before Christmas, one on boxing day and next one on the 2 Jan. Even the premiership will have played 3 this season. It was common place in the past to have 12 points up for grabs and tables turned upside down over this period. I was working for the Folkstone match and will be working again on the 2 Jan, so no matches this year.

I also find it strange and disappointing. The senior leagues actually have 4 fixtures over the period - 26th, 28th, 31st December and 2nd January, so why do we only get 2? Also why have both Saturdays been fixture free? My only thought has been that it is to allow players to spend the holiday time with their families but it would be good to know the actual thinking that has gone on here. Certainly makes for Saturdays that don't feel like Saturdays for 2 weeks!