Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Site Update - 30/01/06

Hi,

As you may know, I spent the whole of last night restoring this site after someone decided to hack us. They also targetted other football related sites (with no real affect)

Having finaly got us back up, within half an hour we were targetted again.

I have restored us once more.

This may happen again.

As a result, I need to upgrade the software - the problem is initially we will loose several of the site features - the biggest being sub-forums.

However all links should continue to work - it is either that or risk loosing the site again.

I intend to carry on working on the site today/tonight - fortunately we do not have a game tomorrow, so I can sleep then smile.gif

Please bear with me as I try my hardest to keep you all up and running - I only have one pair of hands, so can only work at one speed (which is getting slower LOL )

Regards,

Ian

07043 368 468

I will be running some updates at some point tonight - it will probably be late (or early) so should not affect many people - we may have some short periods of downtime though.

If any errors are created, please post them in the thread in 'the pub'.

Many thanks,

Ian

07043 368 468

I honestly do not know who is doing this to us - whether it is one of our own members or an outsider - but we are still under attack even tonight.

I have had 2 hours sleep since Wednesday night, and I am wilting fast.

I will do whatever is in my power to keep us up and running - but it is costing me both financially and healthwise.

If I can stay up again tonight I will - but there is little I can do apart from keep restoring files.

If you upload files or avatars, I would suggest keeping a copy as I cannot guarantee that I will have a copy of the file should it be deleted.

If the people who are doing this to me are reading this - then please leave me alone - I have worked on this site virtually sngle handed and paid for everything from my own pocket over the last 6 years - do I deserve this?

Take care,

Ian

07043 368 468

Hi,

First of all thank you to everyone who has posted messages of support over the last couple of days.

Whilst the attacks have not yet gone away - I think I am starting to win the battle. (famous last words)

Even a complaint to our suppliers requesting the server be closed, has failed.

Rest assured, I will do everything in my power to keep this site up and running.

I will leave this message at the top of every forum, for the next 24 hours or so incase further disruption occurs.

Obviously I can't keep watching the site 24/7 - but I do have other eyes watching out for anything suspicious around the clock.

One change that I have had to make is to stop nonalphanumeric characters in user and display names. Due to increased security any special characters like ! and ? in usernames is preventing that user from logging on or updating their avatar etc. If this affects you - please let us know & we will manually alter your names. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause.

At the first opportunity, I will be replacing this forum software - but do not have a date yet.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Ian

07043 368 468

Hi

Hopefully the problem has now passed.

I would like to apologise for any disruption caused.

If you continue to have any issues, then please let me know and we will attend to it.

Regards,

Ian

07043 368 468

Ian,

I think you have done a wonderful job getting everything up and running so quickly after some vicious mindless moron had his bit of fun - no need for you to apologise.

It is frightening that there seems to be no way to trace these IT thugs. Personally, I'm for castration, although there is always the possibility that this is the cause rather than the punishment! They can't have any balls to do this anonymously!

Regards,

Andrew