Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

whohoo!!

Wot we've got here is a sequel to 'The Never Ending Story' called 'The Never Ending Thread'.

Is there a third in the pipeline called 'The Never ending Matthew Oliver' ?

Oh blessed boredom!

Throwing money into a film doesn't necessarily make it good. Same with Special Effects. More doesn't mean better. Take SPiderman - first half of the film was superb, building up the characters. Second half and we have a little cartoon in blue and red looking really unrealistic, flitting all over the place. It was still a good film, but the effects reduced it's effect. Final Fantasy was entirely effects, and was almost rubbish.

thats not wat im talking about. its the digital grading that has helped to cover over the effects and blend it into the real stuff that makes the difference. i find it very difficult to get into a film if it is sooooo blatantly obvious that things have been done by computer or puppets. it just makes the whole thing look cheap.

i didnt watch final fantasy so i wouldnt know either.

but the great thing about lord of the rings was that they made the software for digital fire so that they could do the balrog scene, how cool is that!! and they set up there own business to do it! i rate those people.

LOTR is indeed an excellent film from the effects point of view, whether you like the story or not. I like it, by the way. Have you seen the extras on the DVDs? A lot of background information on how those FX were created.

But, at the same time, I'd rather have a decent story badly filmed than a bad story well filmed. The remake of Planet of the Apes was on of the biggest piles of crap I've watched. Some of the old sci-fi serials from the seventies, like Blakes 7 and Day of the Triffids, are still good today.

Good post, btw Matthew.

Have to agree on the Carry on films they were and are still fab and certianly now classics.

even if you dont like the jokes etc the quality of cast helps the likes of Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Charles Hawtry, Hattie Jaques to name but a few.

Badger on the subject of Seventies Series (although not sci-fi)

I have been watching UK gold channel a lot and they show a lot of "Porridge"

now that is a classic example of a show from the seventies which was ahead of its time and still very funny and very watchable now, great characters and funny jokes/story lines.

Come on Matthew you cant say Porridge is rubbish surely?

agree with you on the Lord of the Rings Matthew good film as was the Two Towers, have you seen that yet?

For Christ's hake, this is terrible !! Molluscs to all this ! All I do all week is shrimp and save and I have to look at this !!

Roe, Roe, Roe the boat...

J

Hic !