Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

GAME ON THIS SATURDAY AT CLARENCE PARK

Webbo MFI

A Festival of Football.<p>Call me stupid.<p>I thought that we were to play Woood on Saturday at Woood in a friendly, 3.00 k.o. Then we were to play Woood on Friday evening at Woood. Then we were to play Grays Athletic on Saturday at 1.00, and now, it's Hendon vs Cambridge at The Park at 3.00.<p>Would someone please explain, firstly how t'lads can play 3 games in 2 days, secondly how they can get from The Park after the Grays game in time for the 3.00 ko., thirdly how I can get from The Park to the Woood in time for 3.00, and fourthly whether the ground admission includes an optional £1 to buy the company.<p>I suppose we should expect the occasional ascent into farce in the light of the Administration's unblemished record of srategic corporate planning and outstanding financial success over the last 4 years.<p>I think that I'm going to be sick.

The Observer makes fascinating reading, this morning.<p>We aren't playing Woood on Friday or Saturday. One of their Officials criticises Gary Roberts and the Chairman of the Supporters Club chap as they were not keen on a friendly at Woood on Friday evening against their reserve and Youth players. "Let's not cheat our supporters" says Gary Roberts. **** right, Gary.<p>There's more.<p>We are playing Grays Athletic in a friendly at The Park on Saturday, k.o. 1.00 pm. Entrance is free.<p>There is no mention in The Observer of the Hendon vs Cambridge City Trophy match which kicks off at 3.00 on Saturday at The Park [another scoop by Wor Webbo]. Strange that.<p>So. The clouds lift. I see it all. 500 football starved Saints fans and 100 Grays fans enter The Park at 12/12.30, for free, to watch the friendly. 45 minutes each way, 10 minutes at half time. The final whistle will be at 2.40.

Cup fever grips Cambridge and North London. 4/500 Fen-men and Londoners begin to arrive at the Park from 2.00. [The 2 teams will be warming up in the £5 million pound training facility to be constructed by Saturday on the cricket pitch.]<p>20 mounted policemen and the 2nd platoon, 2 para., assist the 20 well-drilled Saints stewards in clearing the ground at 2.45. Outside the ground, members of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders assist riot police and the remaining 20 well-drilled Saints stewards in ensuring that public order is maintained between the opposing fans of Cambridge and Hendon waiting to get in..<p>Once City and Grays fans have dispersed, those here for the cup match are allowed into the ground. Several hundred fans from the Saints vs. Grays game re-enter The Park to watch the cup game. Kick-off is delayed until 3.30. Securicor is standing by as the gate receipts from cup games are divided equally between the clubs [after deduction of expenses].<p>It's a good job that there is no beer in the clubhouse.<p>It might be one to watch on the 6.00 News rather than in the flesh.<p>I hate it when Our Club is made a laughing stock.<p>I've just been sick.

Even I am going to pass on that one Nige.<p>I've just had a thought. Without casting nasturtiums, all other Football Clubs are classed as 'Football creditors'. I wonder who will be dealing with the gate monies. I'll have a word with that chap Steve from NOTLN. He's something to do with Hendon, I believe.