Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Boss At Bridgo

Duffer

Jimmy Mullen has been appointed as manager of Midland Alliance club Bridgnorth Town and is preparing himself for a "baptism of fire" for first match in charge at local rivals Ludlow Town on Saturday.

Mullen was named as the replacement for Mark Pound earlier this week and took his first training session at Crown Meadow on Thursday night. And the former Little Drayton Rangers boss knows his side face a tough battle against an in-form Ludlow team.

He said: "My start could not have been much tougher than this, playing one of the in-form teams in the league in a local derby.

"It is a real baptism of fire and Gareth Horler and Steve Clifford are a handful for anybody. We will have to be totally focused to make sure we don't give them a chance at goal, but I am really looking forward to it. I had my first chance to assess the players last night in training and spoke to them about the game and how we should approach it so hopefully they have taken it on board."

Mullen will wait until shortly before kick-off before announcing his first Bridgnorth team but admitted he will be guided by general manager Mick Tranter, who took temporary control of the team before Mullen's

appointment.

He said: "I will have to have a chat with Mick because I have not seen Bridgnorth play for more than 12 months so I need to build up my knowledge of the players.