Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting question. Obviously Oxford City had the best ground by far last season and was like Wembley in comparison to all the others, they also treated away Club's like kings when visiting. Other good grounds are Harefield United, Langford, Hertford Town and Welwyn Garden City but the rest are much of a muchness, I can't speak for Edgware Town or Chalfont St Peter as I've never been there, Kingsbury is pretty average but they have quite a nice Clubhouse.

I went to Oxford a few seasons ago when we were in the same league, and it was impressive. I should have said that I've also been to all the ex Ryman grounds. Chalfont is on a par with Kingsbury. I'll let Gavin extoll the virtues of the WLG.

I expect you're looking forward to your new local derby with St Margaretsbury, what were the games with Ware like. I gather Hertford bring a large travelling support wherever they go and will probably more than treble teams home gates such as London Colney and Haringey Borough who get very few spectators. The last time I visited Hertford was for an FA Cup tie against Wallingford a good few years ago, I think the Wallies won 4-1, no doubt you were there.

We will definitely miss the big gates against Ware - last season we had over 300 for our home game. I don't somehow think we'll get that many for St Mugs.

As we weren't doing too well most of last season, our travelling support dwindled, but 25+ went to the last game at Edgware when things had improved a bit.

Yes, I was at the FA Cup game. We haven't done too well in cups in recent years!

Harefield is probably the best ground in the division though ours has improved. There are some good pitches though like Langford, Broxbourne and Holmer Green. To be honest all the grounds have improved since I first visited them even London Colney!

Rhodes said:

Interesting question. Obviously Oxford City had the best ground by far last season and was like Wembley in comparison to all the others, they also treated away Club's like kings when visiting. Other good grounds are Harefield United, Langford, Hertford Town and Welwyn Garden City but the rest are much of a muchness, I can't speak for Edgware Town or Chalfont St Peter as I've never been there, Kingsbury is pretty average but they have quite a nice Clubhouse.

I cant speak for those grounds in the SSML last season I have not visited them, well not apart from Ruslip Manor and that was MANY years ago, Dave Beseant was in goal for us, thats how long ago it was lol.

Our ground is tidy enough, a nice size seating stand and covered proper terracing that runs along the side of the pitch.

Kingsbury unless they have done impprovements only have a small seating stand but a decent enough bar, not one of the best grounds, but as said I dont know the general standard of SSML grounds. Do Alysbury share with Alysbury utd?

Lato...I see you name yourselves after the great little Polish striker. I remember seeing him in the first world cup I watched, 'Argentina 78' one of the best IMO.

Do you play for or support Ruslip? I went to see Edgware play there many many moons ago, The ground as far as I can remember (78/79 season !!!) it wooden planks all the way round it. We won the game 4-1 I think and Dave Beasent was in goal for us, before he moved on to Wimbledon.

What's the best way by public transpot to ground from Edgware?

Gavin, I am a Ruislip Manor supporter and have been since 1973. Infact I went to my first game the Saturday after Poland drew 1-1 at Wembley and Lato set up the Polish goal. IMO World Cup 74 was the best as Lato and Poland did so well!!

I know in the old Athenian League days we always used to get beat by Edgware but I recall some great games over the clubs between the years like the Boxing Day game in 1992/3 and our highly controversial (it was about six yards offside!) winning goal and of course the last meeting when we won 3-1 at the WLC in the Middlesex Senior Cup.

Good to resume league meetings with you though? How did ex Manor man Craig White do for you guys last year?.

Public transport from Edgware to RMFC is probably to get to Burnt Oak and then get a 114 bus and get off at Ruislip Manor Station..you should see the floodlights from there (about a seven minute walk)

Hi Lato, I seem to remember us beating you as well, but my support kinda drifted for a long time. Now I have gone back to watching my local club and where I first started to watch football. Somehow the non league game is just a lot more hassle free, and more enjoyable then the pro game to me now.

Craig White was excellent last season. He had a slow start, but ended up one of our best players, he was very good in the centre of midfield.

I think we have kept the squad we had last season so we should do pretty well. Stuart Blackburne in his first season for Edgware and at the highest level he had played scored nearly 30 goals for us. His brother is our goalie and his twin brother joined at the back end of last season and is also a striker !!!

Thanks for the directions to the Manor, hope to see you at the WLG

I remember Lato in the great Polish side of 74, wasn't he the guy that snogged everyone after they scored, he was the one who got the ball off Norman Hunter out on the left before crossing it for the goal that was driven low beneath Shilton, only seems like yesterday. I'm pretty sure we've met at Haringey Borough, you normally come down to Coles Park mob handed with George and Steve etc, we were all glad you pulled through that bad time financially and are back on your feet.

Quote:
Rhodes said:[/b. I'm pretty sure we've met at Haringey Borough, you normally come down to Coles Park mob handed with George and Steve etc

Cliff, I'm Spartacus....sorry I'm Steve

Oh hi Steve, didn't realise it was you, small world. Have you put your troubles behind you now, I see that you have appointed our former Manager Julian Hudson as Assistant First Team Coach and have a ground share arrangement with Hounslow Borough although I gather that has hit a snag and your friendly with them was called off tonight. Should be a good league this season with the likes of Edgware, Hertford and Kingsbury, Chalfont St Peter and Colney Heath will be unknown quantities.

Thanks for that Jay Jay, useful info, who do you follow. I'm surprised Beaconsfield have agreed to that ground share as Amersham aren't exactly high profile and wouldn't be able to put much money their way. I heard the Hounslow Borough groundshare at Ruislip Manor has gone pear shaped, not sure why or where that leaves Hounslow as their Hellenic League Premier Division status depended on them having a ground with floodlights.

About time, that used to be one of the dreaded fixtures Amersham away. Big slope, crap changing rooms and was a bit of a trek for us. Can't remember his name but I played against Ruislips ex-manager when he was at Amersham.

Strangely not that many pitches in the SSML fall into that category in an old fashioned Barnet and former Yeovil (Huish) sense, they are more mud heaps in winter and the new teams from Ryman 2 will probably find that they have a lot more postponements then they were getting last season, SSML Referees can be quite dictatorial with their pitch inspections and will not hesitate in calling a game off if there is any doubt in their mind (I won't name names), they even religiously study the weather forecasts Michael Fish style.