Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tony Kempster's Forum SSML Content - Your Views

I think that they probably do but they are very much anoraks of the highest order particularly that Chris1963. That said at least they appreciate someone who genuinely cares about their Club and who is willing to always go that extra mile come rain or shine unlike you trying to catch me out at every opportunity which is what makes me highly suspicious of the way you operate. I admired the job you did for Potters Bar Town when you were Secretary at Parkfield and you were deservedly highly regarded by all and sundry however something tells me that you had a hidden agenda and you were in it more for self publicity than for the genuine love of Potters Bar.

I think that answer says it all and endorses my suspicions, thanks

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
Deep Banghard is an Indian name, Kemston Rovers ground is very close to me and i watch a few of there games where poss i actually played at Wootton Blue Cross with him in his younger days (i think he's around 40 now).
Brings me to interesting point though i watched Kempston lose 4-1 to Wootton boxing day and having seen St Neots and quite a few other UCL Prem sides i think that the SML is now the stronger not something that has always been the case. (although fair play to Stotfold who are a very strong outfit)

Thats really his name!! Wootton have impressed me in the past when I have seen them play, it would be interesting to see how they would do in the SSML as it would Stotfold, in fact wasn't their rumours that Stotfold wanted to play in the SSML this season, with the suggestion being that they were looking like they could get relegated and hoped a move to the SSML would see them ply their trade in the Premier Division therefore avoiding a drop in levels.

From finishing third from bottom last season they have had a big change around in fortunes this season!!

I believe that they were refused permission to move by the FA. I also believe that my old friend Ian Allinson is responsible for the massive improvement there (and he's not a EUFA "A" coach either!)

Is that the former Colchester and Arsenal player Ian Allinson, you move in high circles

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Is that the former Colchester and Arsenal player Ian Allinson, you move in high circles

I was secretary/director at Baldock Town when we appointed him player/manager in 1991. I resigned when two of the directors sacked him on the coach back from Salisbury one Saturday when I wasn't there!

Originally Posted By: Horace
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Is that the former Luton Town and Arsenal player Ian Allinson, you move in high circles

I was secretary/director at Baldock Town when we appointed him player/manager in 1991. I resigned when two of the directors sacked him on the coach back from Salisbury one Saturday when I wasn't there!

Didn't Allinson also manage Wootoon at one point? Did his sacking have anything to do with Mike Watson-Challis, who I believe left Baldock in the crap when he went.

Watson-Challis was around at that time but not involved in the sacking. Ian came to us after being released by Stoke City, and was lethal for a while in Southern Division of the Beazer Homes League. He went on to manage Stotfold (to a championship I believe), Barton Rovers, Harlow Town and Boreham Wood. Don't know about Wootton BX. Watson-Challis cerainly left Baldock to take over at Luton, and had the means to save them, but didn't.

AWK the Stotfold side is prodominetly the Potton side of the last couple of seasons that have finished top 3 in both years i think, this also explins Pottons position and having watched them will probably be Wootton's saving grace as relegation could be staring them in the face.

Originally Posted By: AWK
Deep Banghard is an Indian name, Kemston Rovers ground is very close to me and i watch a few of there games where poss i actually played at Wootton Blue Cross with him in his younger days (i think he's around 40 now).

Brings me to interesting point though i watched Kempston lose 4-1 to Wootton boxing day and having seen St Neots and quite a few other UCL Prem sides i think that the SML is now the stronger not something that has always been the case. (although fair play to Stotfold who are a very strong outfit)

Thats really his name!! Wootton have impressed me in the past when I have seen them play, it would be interesting to see how they would do in the SSML as it would Stotfold, in fact wasn't their rumours that Stotfold wanted to play in the SSML this season, with the suggestion being that they were looking like they could get relegated and hoped a move to the SSML would see them ply their trade in the Premier Division therefore avoiding a drop in levels.

From finishing third from bottom last season they have had a big change around in fortunes this season!!

AWK the Stotfold side is prodominetly the Potton side of the last couple of seasons that have finished top 3 in both years i think, this also explins Pottons position and having watched them will probably be Wootton's saving grace as relegation could be staring them in the face.

Yes I remember Wader saying that the Stotfold side was made up of a lot of ex Potton players after he watched a FA Cup match between the two teams earlier in the season.

Got a bit of a soft spot for Wootton having gone to school there (Wootton Upper not Blue Cross obviously!) and having worked with someone who had a lot of involvement at the club. They do well for what is a village side, in fact I remember Brian Stein going mad after a bad result for Luton in the Beds Premier Cup there a few years ago saying that a village side should be beat easily by the Luton team we put out, but fair play to Wootton they were the better side that day!!

McMullen - I tried ringing your Clubhouse at 5.45 for your result with Hoddesdon but got no reply, last time I rang the Club Geoffrey Seagrave answered who's a really top bloke, he's one of the nicest guys in the SSML. It sounds like you were well beaten again today despite your excuses on another thread.

AWK, I'm a Wootton Upper lad as well although 30 now.
Who did you work with ?, i am Wootton born and bred and have been watching,playing or manager of the reserves for many years prior to me getting the Bedford job,small word hey.

I worked with John Clarke, quite a few years ago now. I'm sure there was another Wootton BC man down there as well surname Green (can't remember his first name for the life of me). I was bought up in Cranfield, but alas having no footballing ability I couldn't even manage to get in there youth team when I was a youngster laugh Though having seen some of the players in Division 2 I do sometimes wonder if I could do any worst grin

The Clarke's are a large Wootton family with many Blue Cross links John is President of the club his brother Ron groundsman for many years until retiring in recent years to persue watching his grandson Gavin Hoyte the Cambridge United centre half, He played prior to Cambridge at Bedford Town, Wootton Blue Cross and first of all Bedford Valerio's(Bedford f.c).

Speaking of Canfield the new manager at Wootton (there 3rd this season) is none other than the former Cranfield manager Roger Burr who left/was sacked (no-one seems sure which)by Cranfield earlier this season.

Either way its a bit of a step up from Cranfield to Wootton for him, hopefully he can turn BC's fortunes around. Unfortunately Cranfield have really struggled since being promoted to Div 1 for having floodlights, this season even though they have pulled off some good results they are still in the bottom two, it would be nice to think that they could emulate Wootton and make it to the Premier Division and have some reasonably success but the only time Cranfiled have been in the top Division was for 3 or 4 seasons back in the mid 80's.

I've always wondered why some teams are in the SSML and others in the United Counties though, Wootton, Kempston in the UCL with Cranfield and Bedford in the SSML. I believe Bedford use to play in the UCL years ago, as did Ampthill Town.