Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Photos from today's game

Margate Don

Some photos are available on the MFC website from today's game against Potter's Bar Town at MFC match photos 2006/07. . Some days I wish I didn't follow sport - I'll make no further comment. On a positive note my baseball team, the Detroit Tigers, are 3 nil up in the best of 7 League Championship series so could be heading to the World Series with one more win tonight. I spent a summer near Detroit in 2002 when they were the worst team in baseball so transformations can happen!

Due to the misery of supporting England, West Ham and Margate football teams over the recent weeks, I will try and focus the next couple of weeks on being a baseball fan. Last night the Tigers trailled 3-0 but came back to 3-3 and finished winning 6-3 with a 3 run home run in the bottom of the last inning. Dramatic stuff! They've won the series 4-0 and now go to the World Series for the first time since 1984 and having been the worst team in baseball as recently as 2003. I am quite happy to be called a "glory hunter", but hey it's great to have something to celebrate! Of course I'll also be looking for a 'Gate win on Tuesday to put all this misery behind - back on the emotional rollercoaster of being a football fan - Chelsea fans you don't know what you're missing!