Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Scott Holden leaves club

djw

Equally never saw him play so difficult to comment.but from reports,Holden had the physique and ability to do well, and was one of the better younger players.

I thought it was reported previously(in fairness not officially confirmed that he had been offered a contract.

One does wonder whether the 'impetiousness of youth' has got the better of Holden,or whether the lack of an 'arms round'/people management is also partly at fault here

Lets not get carried away here. He scored 5 goaals for the reserves but missed 3 times as many.

Kenny Pratt in the resrves has a better scoring record than Holden and has scored when the reserves have been playing without regular players to put it into a better context.

Not sure whether he would or would not make it but the same applies to the other players and they have not walked!

I can honestly say Kenny Pratt drags centre halves all over the place as well with non-stop running so is adequate replacement and someone who is willing to carry on playing without the need of a contract or signature to play Ryman league.

No offence against Holden but it is his choice.

If we all step back a bit, i guess the 'debate ' here is a positive sign of the times, insofar as we are talking about reserve team 'matters' whereas 7 months ago, we did not have a reserve team; so there is progress for MFC and Rome was not built in a day.

I guess its just the frustration of Holden possibly being a good player, and thus the club losing an asset, and certainly in the short term, a 'substitute striker if those in possession get injured/loss of form etc.;particularly as it looks unlikely that a 'third striker' will be signed

With all due respect lads I know Scoot very well, there was no contract offer from Trotty and money does seem to be a problem,although Piper is not chairman he still controls the purse strings. Keeny Pratt is a good player but no-one wants to play without a contract and some money involved espically when team mate are getting 300+ a week !

Spot on MF. So Holden comes in and makes a couple of brief appearances, proving nothing at first team level, and wants out because he doesnt get a contract? Loads of players play for nothing in the Ryman League with far more experience at this level than Holden, all with the hope of getting a contract. Ellis Remy (who has commanded a 5,000 fee in the past) went to Folkestone and played for nothing with no contract for a month. He started every game and proved himself. Holden showed nothing in his brief appearances. Maybe if he had a bit more patience and waited for his chance he would have got the chance to prove himself up front in the first team (yes it might have taken months but how much did he want it?). DJW, if your argument that he left because no contract was forthcoming and thats the only reason I find it very strange (these 300 quid a week players have proved themselves over many years, where else has Holden played please?). Maybe he left because deep down he didnt think he was good enough to take the chance when it came along eventually. Yes, it would have done. If Pinns and Danny are both out who would play up front? Jay can do a job off one of them but he's not effective on his own up there so I think Holden would have got the nod.

BTW, if Dolton is not on contract I suggest we sign him up. He's proved himself in his two starts in my opinion. Talented lad and deserves a contract. Deserves to keep his place ahead of Jimmy (as good as Jimmy Jackson is).