Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paul Madley

I am Spartacus

My Great Great Grandfather used to talkabout Paul Madley being the best utility player he ever saw (I am led to belive Paul played for Leeds).

I was just wondering after seeing Super Jay's performance at Gloucester as a centreback, playing upfront at Leyton and, in every midfield position if he is our Paul Madley?

By the way I would still play him as a centre back as this is the position he can best fill for us at the moment.

"Madely" or "Madeley" Joseba.Sorry just a slight correction there.

Paul was indeed a super player. If Jay did a good job back there then until we get another central defender in (if ever we do that is) then he sounds like he could do a decent job back there. He's definately good with his head thats for sure. That would allow that partnership of Jacko in left midfield to back up the skills of the youngster Dolton on the left forward position too.

Scott Chalmers-Stevens

Oates-Saunders-Trott-Skinner

Protheroe-McKimm-Jackson

Pinnock-Hockton-Dolton

I am also ancient enough to remember him.

Decent player, but think there were probably better -even as utility players-i'll have a think.

Good point re: Jay.

I just hope it does not 'confuse' Jay too much and lead to him being a 'master of none'

For me-i'd definately stick with 4-4-2 in following formation(once SMckimm is fit):

SCS

Oates Saunders Trott Skinner.

Protheore Standen McKimm Jackson

Pinnock Hockton.

Incidentally-why did RT not play saturday-was he injured-or did he drop himself.

Assume injured as he was not a sub either