Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Youth Policy

Pagey

Just come back from a meeting at RFC regarding next seasons U13's mush league side

Firstly how come my sons team has been approached by Ramsgate and not Margate

The meeting was held at the social club, coffee and tea was served (free) and the bar was open so they took some dosh

The sales pitch was good apart from digs at Margate

ie any local Margate player has only played once or twice then been dropped and any local player at Margate are only there as they are Ramsgates offcasts etc etc etc

They admitted that they didn't have any money so their continued success is purely down to having the best local lads in they team

Why continue with the digs if they are so confident of there own ability. Or is it the nature of the beast?. Certainly cause for thought if i was considering a link.

Ramsgate always give a good spill,they are after youth to pay for first team where Margate don't.If your team wants to join the Mush why not get your manager to bring it up at the meetings as they already have teams and if your team feels they want Mush I'm sure Margate would not want to lose you.If you look at the set up from Margate reserves, u/18's down it's taking shape for all youth that are good enough to come through. All the best on what ever your teams decides.

thanks eye, a few crossed wires though, my boy doesn't play for Margate (or Ramsgate).

They are alot of other teams which have a few players capable of playing in the mush league. It seems that the Rams are onto these quickly, where as I would like the gate to be there first !!!