Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tomorrow's Game

Simon BTFC

Looks like Douglas could be missing tomorrow:

Soccer: Douglas injury blow for Billericay

Billericay Town could well be without striker Andy Douglas as they attempt to step up their Ryman Premier title bid with two key home games in four days.

In the tightest championship chase for years, neither tomorrow's visitors Hayes nor St Albans, who come to New Lodge on Tuesday, can be ruled out of the battle for honours.

But Douglas was unable to train last night due to a groin strain and is rated extremely doubtful for tomorrow's big match.

Last Saturday's superb win at a Sutton side who were lying third in the table, in which ex-Grays man Douglas scored a superb winner, was looked on as something of a watershed by Billericay fans.

It was only the club's second league game since Christmas when the shock news was announced that top scorers Roy Essandoh and Martin Carthy had been sold to Grays in a £10,000 deal.

Some thought that twin blow might signal the end to this season, but victory last weekend in Surrey has led some Billericay followers to believe that they could yet be involved in the championship shake-up.

I think I'm right in saying that ever since we beat 'ayes in September they've been on something of a roll (12 wins 6 draws and 3 defeats). I hope they've still got that keeper, dodgy or what? And if it's the same No.5, then we might be better off leaving Jamie on the bench!!!!

Although the Douglas injury is a blow, I don't see why we can't beat Hayes, but to remain in the title run in we need at least 4 points against Hayes and St Albans. Our home form has been quite good, so we've got a good chance.

Wallace did score on Tuesday, I feel he would do alright playing up front with Ansell.

www.billericaytownfc.20m.com