Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Absolute Disgrace!!!

Jenko

After the farce I witnessed at Stansted, yesterday makes me think if it can get any worse. I've said several times this season that the officiating as been the worst I have ever seen but then some officials take it to new lows. Hopefully some people from Stansted who use this forum will back me up on what turned into a farce. Yes we had enough chances to win two matches, the Stansted goal was a miss hit cross and even with 9 men we still should have won but what happened yesterday was unbelievable. I know our club will lodge an official complaint and hopefully Stansted will do the same.

After 20mins in which the ref was shocking for both sides he approached the linesman and said he couldn't go on. He approached us and said he had been ill and thought he would give it a go but that he was having a stinker, couldn't keep up and was going. Luckily a dad of one of the Stansted players was a qualified ref and although we were not happy we had gone a long way and thought we had better continue. If we had known what was to follow then we would have just left. I must say the 'new' linesman was better and to his credit never cheated. I thanked him after the game.

This is senior football and for a ref to do that is poor. If he wasn't well then he shouldn't have come! I've seen refs, linesmen get injured during the game and nothing can be done about that. But why did this guy turn up if he wasn't well? There were other refs who could have done it. BUT he was still better the guy who took over.

The linesman who took over was about 18 and to be fair the older linesman should have taken the whistle and he said this after the game. We have him often and he is an excellent linesman. What followed was some of the most obscure, ridiculous, totally unbelievable refereeing that I have ever seen. He was terrible for both sides. Fair enough he done the job to get the game finished but I wish now we had just walked and replayed the game.

I can't describe how bad he was. When we asked the linesman even he couldn't explain the decisions. Then came the sendings off. If someone can explain to me how one of my players gets sent off for asking for another ball I would be grateful. The Stansted defender clears the ball and it goes over the stand. We are trying to win the game a new ball is not forth coming from the Stanted bench. Our player then says to the ref," ref can you get another ball". At which point the ref replies and there were witnesses to this "right I've had enough of you, someone's getting it" and proceeds to book our player who had already been booked. When our player starts to walk the ref says it was only a yellow and he hadn't already booked him. But he had. I have never seen a sending off like it. Even the Stansted players said that our player hadn't said anything bad. The second sending off was a bit less clear cut. After one of our players made a tackle but got no where near player or ball the ref pulled back play, booked our player and gave Stansted a free-kick. Our player then said, " how can you give a foul he got f**king nowhere near him". Although he swore it wasn't at the ref and I've seen alot worse.

To top it all the ref blew up 5mins early in the first half and 7mins late in the second. At the final whistle I saw the older linesman berating the ref over his performance. I suppose I should be happy with a point in the circumstances but in all my years in non league football I've never seen anything like it. This year has been by far the worst for officiating.

Something needs to be done because football is being ruined by terrible refs and linesman.

Sorry but what ever your player that got sent off first told you was a pack of lies!!!!!!!!!! did not just ask for anthor ball told the ref he was a f-ing joke and you cant swear at refs and thats the laws of the game boss! and also as the goal keeper of the home side i disagree with with you had enough chances to win two games people just not want to complement stanstedfc on there turn arond over the last few weeks.

The ref was wrong to say he was not strong enough to ref the game and should not even be aloud to ref youth football. The second ref was ok and stuck to the rules of the game and that includes swearing at him!!!!!!!

Must agree that some of the officials this season have been poor, but there are some decent ones out there. The one we had for our game with Barking yesterday had a good game i thought. he let the game flow, played the advantage well and wasnt over fussy. The other side of the coin showed though with the two linesman, who gave some strange decisions much to the confusion of both benches. As ashmansice says if you swear at the Ref, even if he is sh@t you are off, no excuses.

Oh yeah I forgot your part in getting our player sent off. Your fullback said our player said nothing. He called him a joke after he was sent off. You got a draw which is why you said the ref done well. Be honest he was useless. Even the linesman said so. Well apparently Barkingside were lucky to win 1-0 according to someone on your forum when apparently they had abut 25 chances to score. Its only when we went down to 9 men that you had a shot on target. We had 9 men for 25mins and you still couldn't score and we had about 5 chnaces to win it.

But I've come to realise that the new people at Stansted see their own game.

Originally Posted By: Brewerytown
Must agree that some of the officials this season have been poor, but there are some decent ones out there. The one we had for our game with Barking yesterday had a good game i thought. he let the game flow, played the advantage well and wasnt over fussy. The other side of the coin showed though with the two linesman, who gave some strange decisions much to the confusion of both benches. As ashmansice says if you swear at the Ref, even if he is sh@t you are off, no excuses.

Yeah I agree but he swore at him after he was sent off. There were 20 odd people in the stand who said e didn't swear at him. The Stansted keeper should be proud of himself for urging the ref to send our player off. But if he swore at him why didn't he show him a straight red? He showed him a yellow.

what part i played the bloke had aldreay been sent off and i was saying that the ref had made the right decsion! as a qualifed ref i totally think he should of got a stright red! and he should of booked more for some of the 2 footed challanges that went on! o and you lot played so well you scored from a slip from our right back which was only 1 of 4 shots on target!!!!!!!!!!!

Errr ok if you say so. As I said I'm going to argue with people who obviously can't tell the truth. You get beat 14-1 by Bowers, then Barkingside smash you but only win 1-0 but its Stansted who have improved not the fact that Barkingside should have got double figures. Then yestredya we only had 4 shots on target? come on mate grow up and tell the truth. We had about 10 chances before we went down to 9 men. And if your improvement means you can't beat 9 men for 25mins then I'll look forward to seeing you at the top of the table come April!

Smallsy we had the same thing against Southend Manor. The two teams wnated to play but the ref was going to call it off 30mins before.

The problem with football at our level, half decent officials are being fast-tracked up the pyramid to make up the short fall of officials at the higher level. As a consequence we suffer all the dross that is left. But there are exceptions. At the Stansted v Romford game, two officials (ref and asst.) were 19 and 21 and had come through the acadamy and they were very good, but this is the exception rather than the rule. The other lino was 53 and was outclassed by the young lads performances.

See Hookey I give credit where credit is due. If they are good I say so if they are bad I say so. Unfortunately our league's officials are terrible this year. The linesman we had yesterday is good as is the deaf guy who runs the line. Oh yeah and Borat who comes on this forum. Lee Dorling is an excellent ref and there are one or two others. One in particular is a short guy with blond hair about 40 years old. Other than that we have some absolute shockers!

can i just say well done to all the Stansted FC boys on Saturday. Can i just say i dont no where Eaton Manor where looking on Saturday obserly not as the same game as the rest of us in the stand.... at which point did u have all of these chances on goal that is a load of bollax.... this is a come to light just because 2 of ya players got sent of.... which was well deserved... u should not sware at the REF everybody heard him!!!!!!! and as for the other one u carnt argue with that one. can i also say that we do not play dirty like Eaton Manor do. so we are not used to recving such durty challanges! u also must admit that it is hard to take over from another ref half way though. also there was no such thing said to the sub ref from anybody. THIS SHOWS THE REST OF THE TEAMS IN ARE LEAGUE WHAT OF SORT OF TEAM YOU REALLY ARE IF THEY DIDNT ALLREADY NO. (TO SUM IT UP THEY ARE ALOAD OF DURTY HORRIBLE BARST@RDS)

We do try our best, half the problem is the refs having different tolerance levels, and refs and linos not communicating with eachother, which I've been guilty of a couple of times this season.

As someone said the best refs do get taken off the league to do the higher level lines, or promoted to the middle of the higher leagues. Jenko it sounds to me like you had a guy that was way out of his depth, he's not cheating, or deliberately doing a bad job, but the pressure of the game, and I'm sure a few of your players probably got to him, I don't think he's at home laughing bout it or anything, I know when I make a mistake I feel really annoyed by it. Maybe getting a letter to the League might be the best thing, because there has been weekends, especially earlier in the season, when the was a shortage of adequately experienced referees, it was the FA Trophy first round weekend, I think it was 10th September, and Coachie can back up what happened at Barkingside that day, with an inexperienced ref.

In reference to Smallsy, the floppy haired guy is Kirk English, legend, and he gave me a sports massage before a match!

Originally Posted By: xela
can i just say well done to all the Stansted FC boys on Saturday. Can i just say i dont no where Eaton Manor where looking on Saturday obserly not as the same game as the rest of us in the stand.... at which point did u have all of these chances on goal that is a load of bollax.... this is a come to light just because 2 of ya players got sent of.... which was well deserved... u should not sware at the REF everybody heard him!!!!!!! and as for the other one u carnt argue with that one. can i also say that we do not play dirty like Eaton Manor do. so we are not used to recving such durty challanges! u also must admit that it is hard to take over from another ref half way though. also there was no such thing said to the sub ref from anybody. THIS SHOWS THE REST OF THE TEAMS IN ARE LEAGUE WHAT OF SORT OF TEAM YOU REALLY ARE IF THEY DIDNT ALLREADY NO. (TO SUM IT UP THEY ARE ALOAD OF DURTY HORRIBLE BARST@RDS)

can i just say your spelling is abysmal.

jenko we all get the sh*t officials especially that mug the "mountie" grin deal with it

Borat I agree. I'm not saying he cheated or was bias. As I said he was bad for both teams. It appears some Stansted players are getting carried away with winning a point. But they have just signed loads of sunday morning players.

He was a nice bloke and I had a chat with him beforehand but he just totally lost the plot. The linesman was the guy who was with you at Barkingside. Great lino. I know sometimes there are a lack of refs and lino but to walk off is just unacceptable. But too be honest I would have him again but he seemed like a nice guy who just got overwhelmed.

As for Kirk. I did like him but the games he has done for us he has not done to well. I think Silencer at Concord would back me up on that!

Originally Posted By: smallsy
[jenko we all get the sh*t officials especially that mug the "mountie" grin deal with it

U Mug Smallsy. I deal with the dross every week. But what is not acceptable is a referee walking off.

How about your little rant about the ref calling the game off? Deal with it!