Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Moderators?

As Dave has resigned as moderator then we need to sort this board out fast if it's to stay.

Can we have an online poll on what people want to see on this board?

Can we have a new moderator please?

As has been said, Dave has only deleted posts that are either racist or offensive. People who whinge on about non-topic posts don't have to read them. There's plenty of posts on here that once I've read two or three, either don't interest me or I don't know enough about them. In that case, I simply don't read them anymore.

We need an unregistered board with a moderator popping in from time to time in case anyone's got out of hand or started getting over-personal about people at the club/on the board. That's all. It doesn't have to be restricted to Fleet-only talk.

Just a suggestion, but do we only have to have one moderator.

Could we not perhaps have 3 or 4 to take the burden off of Dave. He does a splendid job, and gets little thanks for it. Perhaps now would be the time for people who use this board to volunteer to help him out!

I only have computer/internet access during the day when I am supposed to be working, but if I can help in anyway, I am willing!

A lot of other forums that I have been on have several moderators. It would cut the amount of time needed to do the job and there would hopefully be far less whining about the deletion of posts, because the decision could go to all the moderators.

If it would mean saving this forum, I'll do it, I may not have been here long, but I can check all the posts several times a day, I don't mind the grief and like nothing better than taking the piss out of idiots.

Quote:

If it would mean saving this forum, I'll do it, I may not have been here long, but I can check all the posts several times a day, I don't mind the grief and like nothing better than taking the piss out of idiots.

It doesn't mean saving the Forum, probably on the reputation of G&N fans, but if you are serious, then send me a PM and I'll start the ball rolling.

We can easily have 3 or four moderators. The important thing is that they should be...

a) Keen GNFC fans

B) Able to moderate i.e. read all the posts here, and make a fair decision about whether the post is of benefit to the comunity or not. If not then the posts would either be edited, or moved to a graveyard forum. We will no longer be deleting any posts.

c) Be consistant and fair to all.

d) Be loyal to Non League UK, and have a desire to be part of the site, and be part of one of the best Non League sites around.

e) Be regular posters to the forums - that doesn't mean you have to have a high post count now, but are willing to 'make conversation' and to encourage other users.

If you can agree to these 5 poinst then please PM one of the admins, and we will take it from there.

Ian