Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Viking invasion at Hertford!

Paula - How do you know, were you with Horace when he got his hair cut

Thats excellent Horace, had they ever been to Hertford the town or fotoball before? and were they fans of non league or just wanting ot visit Hertford?

Explain to me more about this viking narrow boat thing, did this happen in Hertford in viking times? I take it you were joking when you said these fans travelled in by viking boat???

Originally Posted By: Paula
Originally Posted By: Rhodes
How was the Police concert yesterday, had you been to Twickenham before.

The Police concert was 'wicked'. Pain in the ass getting home (they closed the undeground due to overcrowding) but otherwise a good afternoon and evening.

Yes went to Twickenham a few years ago for an England v All Blacks rugger match.

Quite apt really that you went to see the Police, after all the song 'so lonely' could soon be Canvey Island's theme tune, more droppped points again!

I see that your crowd for last saturday was 149, boosted by the nine vikings. I cant imagine there were too many WGC fans, thats an excellent crowd, any reason for such a good turnout?

That crowd beats a number in the RLD1N and South, we never got a home crowd like that all last season and we won the league. I think the biggest crowd last season was 189 when we played you at your place.

I think Hertford would do well if they go up, you would prob be able to ave 150+ easy, and would be one of the better supported clubs, plus a derby match with Ware in the RLD1N could get around 400/500+ dont you think?

Originally Posted By: Gavin
I see that your crowd for last saturday was 149, boosted by the nine vikings. I cant imagine there were too many WGC fans, thats an excellent crowd, any reason for such a good turnout?

That crowd beats a number in the RLD1N and South, we never got a home crowd like that all last season and we won the league. I think the biggest crowd last season was 189 when we played you at your place.

I think Hertford would do well if they go up, you would prob be able to ave 150+ easy, and would be one of the better supported clubs, plus a derby match with Ware in the RLD1N could get around 400/500+ dont you think?

Yes, Gavin, I do.

Originally Posted By: Paula
Ware??? You're having a laugh. They have about 50 supporters and thats at home. As usual we out numbered them with our away support last season.
They didnt bring many down to us either

But Ware v Hertford holiday games are different, Paula. Lowest in recent years 300, highest 650.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: HTFCew
It was in the NLT last week as well

Isn't that a case of publicity for publicity's sake

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: HTFCew
It was in the NLT last week as well

Isn't that a case of publicity for publicity's sake

That's rich, coming from you! It was a human interest story with corroboration - a winning formula for getting into print! Next home game, we're getting a visit from a (girls) Brazilian Beach Volleyball squad who are training at Hanbury Manor!

Originally Posted By: Horace

That's rich, coming from you! It was a human interest story with corroboration - a winning formula for getting into print! Next home game, we're getting a visit from a (girls) Brazilian Beach Volleyball squad who are training at Hanbury Manor!

Wey hey...what a great page three picture that would make... Topless of course.. phwoarr smile