Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

Our friends at Huddersfield......

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
5 replies to this topic

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
.....maybe in the mire still.

Despite being ready to come out of administration after reaching agreement with the PFA over unpaid wages, the club is now being 'held to ransom' by some players demanding all their cash.

Surely if the club hasn't got it then it can't be paid.
If they bring the club down then they wouldn't get it anyway.....

offline Blind Bigot

Blind Bigot
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Yeah Daz - Our problems just won't go away!

There are 4 ex-players who have not formally signed an agreement on a financial settlement, although they agreed verbally via the PFA over a month ago. Our 'League Share' will not be reinstated unless every aspect of the agreed recovery plan is formally in place. The deadline for this was Monday 4 August. Over the weekend the Sunday Newspapers were reporting that some players had still not signed and that's how it turned out. We're still waiting to be formally reinstated. With the new September ruling that clubs will be deducted points if they going into administration this is a total worry.

It seems once again that the dreaded 'Agents' are stirring things up! When are these people going to be dealt with? They're calling the tune at every turn in every club, unsettling previously settled players, jacking up players wages and making an absolute mint themselves. They need contolling! - OK rant over!

On the field our warm up programme has gone really well with us going 5 games undefeated (including a 2-0 success over Sunderland).

It seems that we'll be biting our nails right up to the last minute. I just hope this nightmare will be over and we can get on with watching our beloved team play.

Up the Fleet!

BB

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Quote:
Blind Bigot said:

It seems once again that the dreaded 'Agents' are stirring things up! When are these people going to be dealt with? They're calling the tune at every turn in every club, unsettling previously settled players, jacking up players wages and making an absolute mint themselves. They need contolling! - OK rant over!

Not controlling BB, banning they produce nothing useful to the sport whatsoever, and they will be the death of more than one club in the end.

offline Blind Bigot

Blind Bigot
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Latest News!

The League Share was transferred to the new Club this afternoon!

Huddersfield Town AFC ARE BACK! A great day for us Terriers!!!!

Thanks for all the kind Fleet words!

Cooooomon Yooooooou Fleeeeeeeeet!

BB

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Beat me to it BB - I've just seen the news on Teletext - The Football League have ratified Ken Davy's takeover and released Huddersfield from administration - great news.

Now all your lads and the Fleet have got to do, is perform on the pitch (I see Huddersfield are as low as 8/1 for Div 3 this season)

offline Blind Bigot

Blind Bigot
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I can understand that!

We're all getting a little bit carried away at this end but odds of 8/1 is about right. Our club web-sites are full of optimism and there is a real buzz around. It feels like we have a new club, a new team and a beginning.

We'll see - 3pts against Cambridge will settle my nerves!

Up The Fleet!

BB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus