Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Photo

Southend striker released

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline Brian A

Brian A
  • Trainee
According to Ceefax Luke Nightingale has been released. I seem to recall reading on South East Teletext a few weeks back they were really pleased he was on his way back from injury which suggests he had been highly thought of.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Luke Nightingale DoB 12/12/80 height 5' 11" began his career at Portsmouth.

Made his first team debut for Pompey at 19 scoring twice as a substitute in his first match.

offline JimGNFC

JimGNFC
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
And signed by Weymouth by the looks of things:

http://news.bbc.co.u...utd/3092706.stm

Richard Sadlier (age 24 Ex Millwall) was forced to retire from the pro-game a couple of weeks ago. Is he up to playing part-time football has anyone enquired?

How about Paul Jones from Ashford Town? His scoring bags of goals (8 in 6 games) albeit it at a lower level and looks like a big target man judging by his picture on the Ashford site.

There must be strikers out there at a lower level that fit into Andy's requirements (Big Target Man) that are scoring goals at present - even if it is a division or 2 below the Conference.

Our best player last season - Mark Bentley is already 4th top scorer in the conference which goes to show we arnt scoring enough goals from all areas of the pitch..

How many of the leading scorers at present in the lower leagues have been scouted by G&N?

Have a look at this link and click on the respective leagues (Ryman, Dr Martin and Unibond) to see the leading scorers:

http://www.nonleague...dmscorers.shtml

Surely there must be another Liam out there?

Our lack of strikers will cost us dear and could be the downfall of Andy (I sincerely hope not) unless this is sorted quickly.

offline Matt (GNFC)

Matt (GNFC)
Alan Tait .....Andy has faith it seems in Rob Haworth at the moment. Watching TFFC he looked to have a blinder at Scarboro and got an 8 in the NLP trouble is he missed a right sitter and i think we all agree he's unlikely to get us a substantial amount of goals although may be proved wrong yet. Also he's a contracted player and a fee is required and i dont think its good business for us to spend cash on a 30y old who has never been a proven goalscorer.

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
On their board Dover were saying even Stoke were looking at Tait, but Folkestone are holding out for a big fee from whoever signs him.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
I know theres the Pompey connection there, but would he not be interested if a Conference club were interested? Obviously would depend on salary needs and where he lives as well, but worth a try I would have thought? (Andy may well already have looked at the possibility of course)

offline Matt (GNFC)

Matt (GNFC)
News from Sky Sports..Big target man Peter Beadle and a player muted on this board this summer has been released by Brentford.....
Expected to sign for Barnet. Another depressing piece of news.

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
So Liam Hatch'll be out on his ear pretty damn quick at this rate!

offline Ray ellingham

Ray ellingham
I mentioned Peter Beadle in July when he was on a trial @ Cheltenham.

Andy F will pull a rabbit out of the hat fingers crossed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus