Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

UNWELCOME ELEMENT

Just picking up on something in a previous post there was a group who stood next to us at the Swanscombe End in the first half who tried to goad the opposition supporters but who soon shut up when the police started to video them.

There was also a bit of unpleasant chanting from them and I suspect it was them who also sung "No surrender to the IRA" in the covered end second half. What that had to do with the match is beyond me?

They were mostly around 16 years old but and about 10 in number although a couple were a bit older.

I suspect they were "supporters" from elsewhere but it is a shame that a big match attracts these morons. I suppose it is lucky they don't usually attend our games.

Anyone else aware?

These goonbags also chanted:

"Let's all kill a Kosovan"

and made disgusting monkey noises towards Simon Baldry.

I am writing a letter to the club to inform them of my disgust regarding this and suggesting possible measures to counteract these neanderthals. Perhaps they'd like to make monkey noises in front of the Fridge or Dennis Oli.

I suppose is was to much to expect the article in the programme a couple of weeks ago to get through to these idiots. Truth be told they probably cannot read.

Agree with Jimmy, when I spoke with Francis regarding this problem he was very happy to write a piece, he feels very strongly about this, perhaps a face to face meeting with these "supporters" would do the trick.

Quote:
Jimmy said:
These goonbags also chanted:
"Let's all kill a Kosovan"

Outrageous - they could have at least arranged for a coachload!

Seriously though - maybe instead of want to kill a Kosavan, we should encourage them and every other ethnic minority down to Stonebridge Road. If just a small percentage of the ethnic minority groups came then our gates would go through the roof. The scum chanting as described above may be just the reason why they don't.

Its a shame that we're talking about this after such a good game from the Fleet. While I have no qualms about No Surrender (rightly or wrongly), the racist chanting is of course unacceptable. I did hear some of this racist dirge but didn't feel it warranted a mention, and give this minority a platform on this Forum. According to friends and family who watched the game on Sky nothing was heard from the Cameras, as for in the Ground then that could have offended many "New" fans and that does GNFC harm in the long term.

As for the county Msgboard and then that is rubbish, and is offensive to County as I said on another Post there were no County Fans (IMO) who were looking for trouble.

The racists were 16 year olds in Burberry Caps, so nothing serious. Fleet probably are the only team in the Conference without an actual "Mob", and that is to our Credit.

Well said MHL. I didn't witness the incidents mentioned, but judging by the evidence supplied by others I would say the incidents involving our club are relatively minor and occur very rarely. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's not serious, but it is not something that is exclusive to the Fleet and happens at many grounds across the country both in the league and non-league.

If you take a look at other non-League clubs in our division there are active groups aligned to many of these clubs some of which even have websites which glamorise their activities. We should count ourselves lucky that we are amongst a handful of clubs who do not have an element attaching it's self to the club and in my opinion should take care not to give this minority more attention and publicity than their foolish actions deserve.

It's none of my business so please excuse the intervention.

From the tone, rather than detail, of one or two of the postings on here, you seem to suggest that if there is a small element of 10 or so chanting some level of racist abuse, they should be ignored and denied the oxygen of publicity.

Is that really your view?

How about having them ejected and banned?

I do have a problem with "No Surrender" because the only people who sing it are racist morons, who then turn round & say, "What's racist about it? Only terrorists should be worried." Bullsh*t. "No surrender" appeared on English football terraces because of a long established connection between the grubbier elements of the Unionist movement in Northern Ireland & far right organizations in England, who make a habit of causing trouble at football grounds. Not that the 16 year old twats wearing Burberry (what else) would know that (or anything much.)

We had a couple of idiots, who registered with this forum just before the County game, threatening to do just as has been reported. I was sitting in the wing stand closest to the Northfleet end & wasn't aware of anything. Like others, I'm gutted to learn that they were there, behaving as they did. They have no place at Stonebridge Road & should have been thrown out on Saturday for the monkey noises & the goading of the County fans. If they threaten to re-appear, then the club needs to think hard about liaising with the police to have them removed.

EC

Quote:
AFF said:
How about having them ejected and banned?

The point I was making AFF is that they do not turn up regularly and as it stands it's just a few morons turning up for a big game, doing there thing before riding off into the night, hopefully never to be seen again at Stonebridge Road. What I am worried about is attracting any more idiots to the club who may think after needing messages on here that there are other like minded individuals to associate themselves with. We are giving more publicity to a group of cretins who have caused problems at one match than we ever do to the majority of good natured Fleet fans who are a credit to themselves and the club.

Then if they come back to the Fleet (I'm sure they weren't made welcome if people feel that strongly) then I suggest the Fleet ban them.

I won't take it serious as they were young Yobs and not older men (which I thought actual real Hooligan Mobs) are made of. So in that respect I don't forsee the Fleet being infiltrated by Far Right Organisations of Extremist Hooligans. These are 16 Year old White Trash.

In response to your Racist Morons concerning No Surrender then I find that hard going. As I don't consider myself either racist, moronic or an Extremist. Maybe because my Father served in NI then perhaps that makes me biased?? I suggest you think hard about these things before you generalise.

The 16 year old Burberry Boys r just prats who get kicks out of racism and violence, theyre twats with no life or future... still there was just 10 muppets compared to 2898 good supporters who sang their hearts out and made a real atmosphere for Sky! COME ON U REDS!

It is outrageous really that things like this go on, but they sadly do and we are lucky as has been mentioned before about not having a "mob" associated with the club.Hererford is a club that springs to mind, I remember reading in their programme about some fans who jumped onto the pitch in order to get to the Burton albion support after they had lost. I cant say I heard the incidents at the Fleet, I was standing right next to the drummer, but maybe the people who did could have gone to a steward and reported it?

MHL. I don't think there was any generalising going on. As I understand it the point about "No surrender" being a consequence of ties between far right Unionist groups in Northern Ireland & English football hooligans, is pretty specific & well documented.

As your dad served in Northern Ireland, I'm sure he'd have just as much contempt for people like the UDA & UDF as he would for the terrorists within the IRA. Objecting to the singing of this song in no way means that somebody has extremist Republican sympathies or direspects the work of people like your father.

Graham S

I don't think you need worry too much about these idiots. They were a small group of non-footie fans from the "nice litle estate on the hill above the ground" that were responsible. I doubt very much if they will be back until the next big game.

Similarly, there was also an element of thugs from Denton in the crowd. Its the price you pay for a bit of publicity I'm afraid. They were being monitored and would have been dealt with if they had caused enough trouble for someone to complain about them.......at the time! (Haven't we had this thread before!)

Its the old story, if someone acts inappropriately, complain to a steward! If they do nothing, complain to the club via the Office! Its the only way these people will be ejected, believe me!

As I started off this debate just a final thought to hopefully end it.

The police started videoing when they were alerted to the fact that one of the group had a bottle on the terraces and and an officer asked what should be done. He was told over the radio in no uncertain terms that the "fan" should not have a bottle on the terraces. However the police took no action apart from video the group for 10 minutes or so. After some of the chanting a sterward did ask the group to calm it down and to be fair they did shut up a bit.

I wonder though if the police are there, what is their brief? Do they only get involved if violence starts eg an assult or just a breach of the peace occurs and any other action say against bad language or drinking from bottles is left to the stewards?

If anything had kicked off there were only 2 officers between us and the Notts County fans although I agree with previous comments that I did not see any County fans looking for trouble.

Lets hope these morons do look for their kicks elsewhere on a regular basis and we will not see them again until next years' second round game at home to whoever!