Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Complimentary tickets?

Gravesindian

Quote:
Gravesindian said:
This dosen't make sense. Surely if your proud of your English hertitage how can you be so quick to desert it on the stregnth of a few documents. And if you are a true England supporter how can you even consider changind alligances. Like I said I am Indian, and will always be Indian and a few bits of paper will never chance hundreds of years of history and culture and neither do I want to.

Do me a favour.

Quote:
FLEETFANNo1USA said:
You miss the point fanatic, when my citizenship is accepted my heritage will be English, my nationality will be American.
Gravesindians heritage is Indian, HIS nationality English.

Sorry but I beg to differ.....merely as Gravesindian disagrees with your statement:

Quote:
Gravesindian said:
Two valid points - firstly, although I was born in the UK, I do not consider myself British by the virtue of Britain being my place of birth.

Could someone please at least explain how exactly I am English if there are no English people in my family, my parents and their parents and so on are all Indian, I speak fluent Punjabi, practice sikhism which is an Indian religion and have an Indian name.

Awaiting a sensible answer...

Firstly FF, you may speak fluent French but do you speak it as a first language in your home instead of English?

As for me being born in England therfore I must be English, then are you saying that if I was born abrord but wanted to be British that I could not be as I was not born here? If that is the case then surely there are no true nationalities only places of birth or places of residence?

also are you implying that your nation would rather accept people as British even if the person in question does not want to be British at all, rather that someone born abroard who wants to be British and has English or British cultural links? Comical.

Where in British law does it say that people who wish to be Indian should return to India if they want ot be considered Indian?

Quote:
Gravesindian said:
Firstly FF, you may speak fluent French but do you speak it as a first language in your home instead of English?

No - ooooo you got me for once.

Quote:
Gravesindian said:
As for me being born in England therfore I must be English, then are you saying that if I was born abrord but wanted to be British that I could not be as I was not born here? If that is the case then surely there are no true nationalities only places of birth or places of residence?

No, you would apply for British Citizenship which is different.

Quote:
Gravesindian said:
also are you implying that your nation would rather accept people as British even if the person in question does not want to be British at all, rather that someone born abroard who wants to be British and has English or British cultural links? Comical.

Again somebody abroad would have to apply for citizenship, as previously said to you, which would also declare a desire to be British. Those born here are already classed as British and should be proud to be part of a so-called 'great nation'.

Quote:
Gravesindian said:
Where in British law does it say that people who wish to be Indian should return to India if they want ot be considered Indian?

Did I say that? No - thought not!

Firstly I am being told I am English because that is where I was born, then I am being asked which passport I hold. I hold a British passport - an EC member country. So in that case I am not English, and neither are any of you as official England is not recognised as a country and nobody holds an English passport.

Seven years ago our family bet alsation gave birth to pups, I decided to keep one of these pups. The pup was born in my house, has lived in it all it's life, it has abided by my rules and has acted as I have asked it. It has been a loyal dog, but that it what it remains - a dog and however hard I try or the dog tries it will never be become a human.

We are talking nationalities not species!

Slight technical different there.....

.....and I never said that the passport decides whether you are English - I said where you were born does.

Anyway - please convince a few or thousand of your chums to come down to Stonebridge Road - we can all have a LOCAL team to be proud of!

But get them to pay like any other person whether they Profess to be British, Indian, Pakistani, or any other nationality. To be quite honest......i don't give a monkies what nationality you are........the Fleet need paying customers so pay your way.

I WONDER IF I CAN GET COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS TO aA YANKEE - METS GAME BECAUSE I AM ENG........OOOOOPPPS SORRY BRITISH!

END OF SUBJECT FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that this thread has almost gone on for 120 posts is hilarious.

If you were born in England, you're English, that's how it works, get over it. It doesn't mean you're not an Indian, or that your heretige means nothing, but come on now, talk sense.

As for the whole passport thing, I have mine here in front of me as I type this. Yes it may say European Union on it, but it is a passport from the United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland, issued by the Queen's government, and still the property Her Majesty's government (paragraph 7 of the notes), so I think we can safely say it's a British passsport and those who carry it are British.

You still can't have any free tickets lol

So you are saying that I am English because I was born in England but also British because I have a British passport.

So in that case if I was born in Russia too Mexican parents but I came to England and held a passport for Britian I would be? Russian or British? And the nationality of my parents would have no bearing whatsoever to my nationality?

On one hand your country claims to be the champion of diversity and multi-culturalism whilst on the other it is trying to dictate peoples nationalities to them, whilst ignoring their histories, cultures and race.

Despite NOT being British, I still have respect for your laws, pay taxes and so on, however it is your nations over excitment in trying to class everyone on these island's as ONE nationality despite it's many obvious diversities.

In my view your family, culture, religion, history are the most important bearings on your nationality and not forms that can be claimed in five minutes by in some cases an interpreteur. I think this just maybe the reason why, as Fleet Fanatic said, Great Britain is in the state it is in 2004 and not my reservations about becoming British. The governments drive to be seen as politically correct is working against everyone without them even knowing it!

And okay I'll forget the free tickets! Have to pay like everyone else.

Quote:
Alan ( GNFC ) said:
Big JR , I thought cuckoo clocks are made by the Swiss who also do their own thing outside the EU .

[color:"blue"]

Absolutely correct Alan, and I apologise.

I realised this as soon as I posted, but my pram was shaking so much with anger, I couldn't edit !