Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Slough v Kingstonian

PaxtonLee

Entertaining match tonight, I thought. First half in particular we looked sharp and played some good stuff. Flood's goal was excellent, good combo with Coles. Jackman was good. Davies and Togs in control in midfield. What are people's early thoughts on what they've seen of Soares?

Entertaining match tonight, I thought. First half in particular we looked sharp and played some good stuff. Flood's goal was excellent, good combo with Coles. Jackman was good. Davies and Togs in control in midfield. What are people's early thoughts on what they've seen of Soares?

Will take a bit of time to get properly used to how we/other players play but so far for me very encouraging, quality player and will be a big asset. 

We played some good football, didn't take as many chances as we should have but the positive is that on the night we created enough chances to have scored 5 or 6.

The only negatives that I could see were what looked like a tight hamstring for Floody and Ben Harris possibly picking up some sort of injury. 

Wazza and Matt Day along with Simon Dunn, Harrison Gilkes and Guy Hollis missing so presume they are all on holiday. 

Agree about the match and players,PaxtonLee.

I think Louis Soares has shown glimpses of his talent,without doing anything exceptional. Looks a bit lightweight in his tackling but most wingers are like that. For me, I don't base much on friendly matches, so I think Soares will come good and be a good signing.

As Reading Rebel said,it takes time to settle into a new team and learn their ways, so think we shouldn't be too hard about Louis's performances, just yet.

Good run out last night. But for their keeper could easily have been 4 or 5. Bit disappointed with the careless way we gave a goal away. Bit similar to some from last season. We must learn when to thump it rather than play out of defence.Soares seems to find a lot of space but not receiving the ball. As already said he needs time.

Josh Jackman is improving each time I see him. He looks a lot stronger now and has a deadly shot same as George. Lee Togwell seems to get better and better. Good workout will be interesting to see how we far against Boreham Wood

What are people's early thoughts on what they've seen of Soares?

I saw him in the match last night & against Met Police, but didn’t see the Reading match Saturday.... from what I’ve seen of Louie Soares I think he provides a very different option to Harris, Gilkes & Dobson.

He doesn’t appear to have the pace he had when he was younger but does seem to have a lot more composure, has good movement (which Scott Davies appears to be able to spot with ease), and looks up in possession and finds some great passes (which I think resulted in our last two goals against Met Police).

I think he’ll be in the starting line up more often than not this season.

How it went.

1 - Jack.... 2 - Josh.... 3 - George.... 4 - Sam.... 5 - Nathan.... 6 - Lee... 7 - James... 8 - Scott... 9 - Perry... 10 - Chris... 11- Louie

Subs  12 - Sean... 14 - Mark... 15 - Ben... 16 - Manny

1-0 up Chris (12 mins)

2-0 up Josh (21 mins)

H/T  subs 15 for 7... 16 for 9

2-1

subs 12 for 6... 14 for 4 (60 mins) 

sub 6 for 10 (74 mins)

3-1 Ben (90 mins)

F/T

Att; 285

Archived