Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-September 18 )

• Photo
    GaryFB

• Photo
    Harry J Allstars

• Photo
    PJ!

• Photo
    Jenko

• Photo
    NelsonM

• Photo
    RamsgateMICK

• Photo
    roxya

Photo

Restructuring of the Pyramid

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Because I live in Germany, I can't quite seem to keep up with the latest on the restructuring of the pyramid. I have written an article about what I understand so far on the two pyramid pages of my 'Come on you ETs' site. <A HREF="http://etfc.freeservers.com/" TARGET=_blank>Come on you ETs - Home</A><P>Is the information contained herein correct and up-to-date?

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
I'm not sure where you get the idea that there will be no promotion from the Ryman League in future!<P>This was proposed by the Conference, but, as I understand it, was rejected by the FA.<P>The FA have proposed a new structure for the leagues below the conference which will consist of a semi-national league north and a semi-national league north which will be made up of clubs from the Ryman, Dr Marten's and Unibond leagues. (This means that there will be 68 clubs competing for 44 places)<P>The champions of each semi-national league will be promoted into the conference, along with the winners of a play-off between a, as yet, undetermined number of teams from each league. (It will either be the clubs in 2nd & 3rd spot from each laegue or clubs in 2nd - 5th spots)<P>How the leagues below this are to be structured, I am not entirely sure yet. There will be 24 clubs from the three old premier divisions which presumably will be joined by clubs from the next level down to form a number of feeder leagues into each semi-national league (is your head hurting yet? images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0 )<P>All I can say to the FA is good luck.<BR> images/icons/smile.gif" border="0

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
So, what's the timescale for it being implemented?

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
I'm think from the start of 2002/03, but don't hold me to that at the moment.<P>They are asking for comments from the clubs by, I believe, December this year.

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Thanks a lot for bringing me up to date on the latest restructuring proposals. I shall try to convert your description in words into a doodle on my website, but it might take some time! images/icons/confused.gif" border="0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus