Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The bigger picture

To say most supporters are scarfers, and all scarfers are anoraks is probably a little harsh, but I can sort of see where your coming from. There's usually a handful of us who attend most home matches but on the occasions that others have left the pub on a Saturday afternoon and decided to come along with us they have been disappointed about the lack of like-minded casuals. The thing is though that there are other times that we've been and I've noticed a few little groups of lads scattered around. Never seem to be there all together though.

Agree it does seem hard to attract new supporters. On the few occasions where a large group of has have attended it's usually been a good laugh, but then within a few week the numbers drop and people stop making the effort. Shame cos where we all follow various London clubs it's a rarity that we all get together for games.

As a former season ticket holder at one of the big London clubs, I'm aware more than anyone of price increases at Premiership clubs and difficulty in getting tickets etc. Like I have said before, just look in certain pubs in the town centre on Saturday and Sunday afternoons and the majority of the are full with football supporters - not the ones who are content with a remote and an armchair - the ones who have been priced out of going to premiership games each week. What are the chances that a pub could be selected each week and an offer of two for the price of one tickets given to all regulars? Just something to try and attract these supporters?

Thats a genuine good idea.

There are a number of "Football" Pubs in Gravesend. 2 for 1 would be good. The Beers they'd buy at halftime would more then make up the money and could attract them to come to more games for the long term. Where they'd be willing to invest money and support without incentives.

Thats my point, exploit the local supporters of the London teams. These are people with no plastic tendencies and who are genuine football supporters. Give them a team in our local habitat.